legal or not

now being a driver for as long as i can remember and i thought coach drivers were governed like us by rules, my grandson went on a day trip to france on friday the coach left sutton bridge at 5 and got back at 22.45 is this legal with one driver

V8 Passion:
now being a driver for as long as i can remember and i thought coach drivers were governed like us by rules, my grandson went on a day trip to france on friday the coach left sutton bridge at 5 and got back at 22.45 is this legal with one driver

Is there an uninterupted 9 hour break in the 24 hour period :question:

ROG:

V8 Passion:

Is there an uninterupted 9 hour break in the 24 hour period :question:

i wouldnt of thought so ot enough time they went to 3 places one near bolougne so no

No it’s not legal unless there was time for a daily rest at some point during the day.

Are you sure the coach wasn’t double manned ?

Rules on Drivers’ Hours and Tachographs (Passenger-carrying vehicles in the UK and Europe)

edit:
{Could one of the mods add the above link to this post please, can’t do it myself as it’s locked}

yes unless he picked another driver up enroute

V8 Passion:
yes unless he picked another driver up enroute

when i went on a school trip aboard many moons ago to germany we picked up another coach driver at dover…1st driver drove down from bourne (lincs) to the docks then this other guy joined us and took over, the other guy then left us when he retured back to dover… :smiley:

we went twice with school skiing down the south of austria around villach would be over 24hrs driving and from what i can remember we never stopped from leaving denbigh all the way to villach but saying that this was 15 years ago when laws were probably a bit more relaxed

there was 2 drivers on the coach so dont know what double manning laws are for coaches

I regularly travel from Athens to Lefkas Town on the bus its a 6 hour trip we never stop for more than 25 mins for a coffee , and that Peloponnese highway,SHUT YOUR EYES AND PRAY