Legal help at court

if you look up speeding , theres loads of guys telling you theres a loophole… a way out, is this really true.

are there loop holes that, with the help of expensive legal help, you can exploit, keeping your licence clean.

also, why can english, welsh, and irish guys do a speed awareness course, and avoid points, but in scotland, that facility does not exist?

cheers, guys.

Biggest mistake I ever made, apart from being filmed speeding & dodging a couple of red lights on a roundabout at 4 in the morning was not paying that Mr. Loophole fellow £10k or whatever to turn up and defend me at my hearing for “Dangerous Driving”.

I get the impression the CPS would have taken one look at him and allowed me to plead it down to “Careless Driving” at the first appearance. It’s not about wether you are guilty of such and such, it’s what the CPS can reasonably bet they can “do” you for at a reasonable price.

If I had more of a criminal background to begin with and an idea of how these things worked, this is exactly what I would have done. In the end, being a bit tight and naive, I pleaded not guilty at the first appearence and then hired a solicitor of moderate ability to defend me but once it went to trial it was pretty much a foregone conclusion, the magistrates rarely disagree with the police and just book everyone.

Cost me a couple of grand fine, 12 month ban & 30 grand to pay someone to drive my wagon for a year while I lazed about taking it easy.

The old saying of “if you can’t do the time - don’t do the crime” comes to mind.

We all break the law at some point but to be reckless whilst doing it is asking for trouble, I would have taken 25k to pilot the beast for a year for you - tax free of course :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1 of our drivers might have needed this if he’d been going a few MPH faster,he’s just been flashed @ 42 in 30 on the A6 nr funess vale nr whalley bridge…not good…

Aye, i’m just hacked that I didn’t get the big man in and get careless instead of tossing it off for a year. There’s such a leap in punishment from careless to dangerous as well. The system isn’t fair for all though, if you’ve got money, you can intimidate/influence the decision making process of the CPS is my main point, nothing new there I suppose.

i’ve got off with 3 speeding offences before my luck ran out, but we can’t help you without knowing a bit more about the circumstances.

Now,well,…
The cheapest is to move over to Mainland europe till your points are vanished.Netherland,belgium.
In Luxembourg is fernandez.lu doing spain,Arthur welte is doing Germany,Wallenborn doing everywhere.
Netherland is anywhy easy and Belgium manageable too as all speak English and everyone likes Scoth.
You also could join Thecombineforum.com /Employment,working till November/december and haling Grain January/February.Not good pay,but its to survive

go through 2 red lights speeding, drivers like you should be off the road permenant .

Disgrace to the industry …

For what it’s worth and IANAL - an NIP is what it says.

It is a Notice of intention.
It is an Offer to settle the allegation - out of court.

It is NOT a fine. Only a magistrate or judge can impose that.

You can do one of two things.
You can ignore it - but be prepared for the issue to be escalated.
Or - you can acknowledge the NIP with a Notice of acknowledgement.

Read up on “Common law” “Civil Law” and - Notices in particular.

They are nothing more than a threat which they hope you act on.

Use the internet. It’s a hive of information. :wink:

Most of the cases that Nick Freeman gets people off with are because the copper has cocked up with the paperwork, yes he is expensive, he drinks with my pal who was at school with him.

So just what are these loopholes that he so profitably exploits? They are many and varied, he says, but generally rely on the incompetence of police officers during the legal process and his own encyclopaedic knowledge of road traffic regulations and procedures.

:laughing:

Although it didn’t stop Mr Freeman getting nicked for no MOT in his Bentley recently :blush:

Solly:

I think that an NIP is a lot more than an offer to settle an allegation out of court.I certainly wouldn’t want to get a NIP for doing autobahn type speeds on the M1.I think it would actually mean an offer I couldn’t refuse for a stretch in one of her majesty’s prisons here. :open_mouth: :laughing:

Solly:

Don’t let a load of misguided freemen try and advise you!

No such thing as a loophole in the law for speeding.

The law is the law, and must be applied/prosecuted accordingly.
Nick freeman does not get people off with loopholes, he gets them off because normally the CPS/police have not followed the correct procedure.

i got a ticket on the a13, my reason for getting off was, “the repeaters were not at the correct distance apart”
another was in rotheram, my reason for getting off was, “to avoid a drunken man whilst my trailer was jacknifing, i had to accelorate”.
the other was in blackpool, “i simply explained that there must be a fault, as i go past that speed camera 6 times per day, so there is no way that i would have exceeded the speed limit.”
my final one was in cornwall, i tried every trick in the book, but ended up with 3 points.

Solly:

Very poor advice.

I find it very difficult to misunderstand a “notice of intended prosecution”.

A notice tells of something.
An intention is intended to happen.
A prosecution takes place in a court.

The purpose of an NIP is to inform an alleged offender that there is an allegation of an offence and that a prosecution may follow.
They are only issued in writing when there was no opportunity to issue one verbally at the time of the offence.

Normally they are accompanied by a notice requiring the registered keeper of the vehicle to supply the name and address of the driver at the time of the alleged offence.

Yes they can be ignored but that course of action will almost always result in the final penalty being much greater.
These days, even if a conviction for the original offence cannot be secured, the penalty for failing to name the driver is usually as much or more, including any penalty points.

Regards,
Nick

Solly:

Yes you can try, But Idris Francis tried and it cost him £60 and 3 points for speeding and many thousands of pounds to take the case to the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg and guesss what?

He lost!!!

The report says the fight for freedom goes on, however at a projected cost of tens of thousands of pounds more it doesn’t.