Legal action for Holliday pay!

Hello everyone.I don’t post much here but I really enjoy reading and learning from you professional steering wheel attendants . :grimacing: . It’s not the most positive of subjects to post but here I go.
I was on zero hours contracts for a year in my last job up until 23 of May and used to get a text msg on 4 pm telling me whether they needed me next day or not.(most days they did to be honest)
bosses were ok but some of the staff over there I don’t miss at all and won’t go on about it.
Had an accident out of work witch resulted in making me unable to carry on with the hard work there.So I had a hand shake with both of them and gave them a verbal notice and told them I would pop back in to say hi sometime.(thinking we were still friends)
Today I’ve got a threatening letter from them saying I’ve taken too many holidays (3 weeks in February and March . and that 3 weeks are for a whole year ,not for a first quarter) and if I don’t give some money back they’ll take legal action!
What do you recon I should do apart from telling him to…
Advice will be much appreciated.

your supposed to accrue holiday ie 2 days pr month or something so in a normal contract it would say something like if you have exceeded your holiday entitlement you’d be required to pay back … all depends on contract and agreements.

It would cost them more in fees in the small claims court to get the money from you, unless you where on directors wages :wink:

Drift:
It would cost them more in fees in the small claims court to get the money from you, unless you where on directors wages :wink:

not if it went via the county sheriffs as the cost is added to the bill :wink:

nick2008:

Drift:

not if it went via the county sheriffs as the cost is added to the bill :wink:

I miss Robin Hood :imp: :laughing:

IIRC it has to be in excess of £600. for it to go to high court, where sheriffs live.
If it was me, See you in court.

Thanks for replies people.Well some of this holidays were taken compulsory as single days when there was no work.

cyrus123:
Thanks for replies people.Well some of this holidays were taken compulsory as single days when there was no work.

If you can prove this, they haven’t got a leg to stand on.

cyrus123:
Today I’ve got a threatening letter from them saying I’ve taken too many holidays (3 weeks in February and March . and that 3 weeks are for a whole year ,not for a first quarter) and if I don’t give some money back they’ll take legal action!
What do you recon I should do apart from telling him to…
Advice will be much appreciated.

Pay them. If they’ve paid you more than you’ve accrued you owe them the money back.