Left my digi card in the tacho over night

So I left work at half 5 and just realised I left my digi card in, what do I do lol??

Simple just do a manual entry tomorrow

Ryan090:
So I left work at half 5 and just realised I left my digi card in, what do I do lol??

If you put it on break,no problem as long as someone doesn’t move the truck.
If you didn’t,make a print-out tomorrow morning,write on the back ‘wrong mode selected overnight’
and carry on. You’ll just have to watch your times in the morning as your driving time will be all
wrong.

Alternatively, do the above,but get to work 45 mins early and stick it on break…at least that will
reset your driving time for the day ahead.

To add: I’ve done this several times, now I have a rule…never switch off engine at yard before card is out.

I won’t be able to get into work earlier but I think I’m going to so a printout and write on the back, what do you mean about my driving times being all wrong tho

Ryan090:
I won’t be able to get into work earlier but I think I’m going to so a printout and write on the back, what do you mean about my driving times being all wrong tho

You drove back to the yard tonite,for example 2.5 hours since your last break. So the tach will tell
you to have a break in 2 hours,where in fact,that’s not correct. Got it?

Oh yeah I get yu now, but I can just ignore that and it will be fine after I had my 45 mins dinner break won’t it ?

Ryan090:
Oh yeah I get yu now, but I can just ignore that and it will be fine after I had my 45 mins dinner break won’t it ?

Yes you can ignore it,as it will zero after dinner break. It may well show you going over 4.5 hrs depending
on how long you drive in the morning…personally,I don’t like that annoying flashing message
’ Driving time exceeded’ which you will get if your afternoon and morning total more than 4.5 hrs.

Go in in the morning, if you left it on break and vehicle not moved no problem. if not, do print out then remove card, wait a couple of minutes then put card back in as you would if you had removed it the night before .

Ryan090:

That’s right, just ignore it until you have a 45 minute break.

Do two printouts for today and write on them that you inadvertently left the card in, write on them what time you finished work today and what time you start in the morning then sign them.

Hand one printout in when your card is downloaded and you must keep one with you for at-least 28 days in case you get stopped.