Left-Hand Drive E-series ERFs

Kempston:

ERF-NGC-European:

ERF-NGC-European:
Anyone know what country? Or is it just a UK left-■■■■■■?

To answer my own question: James & Son was / is a UK haulier; and here are a couple of their RHD examples -

So are they anything to do with James Grain? Just wondering as they are identical in colour which is an unusual colour, the bottom photo has Thory on the nameboard on the cab roof, they are a haulier from Peterborough so maybe under contract?

Yes, I believe they are the grain James & Son. Don’t know anything about the company or its subbies though.

ERF-NGC-European:

Kempston:

ERF-NGC-European:

ERF-NGC-European:
Anyone know what country? Or is it just a UK left-■■■■■■?

To answer my own question: James & Son was / is a UK haulier; and here are a couple of their RHD examples -

So are they anything to do with James Grain? Just wondering as they are identical in colour which is an unusual colour, the bottom photo has Thory on the nameboard on the cab roof, they are a haulier from Peterborough so maybe under contract?

Yes, I believe they are the grain James & Son. Don’t know anything about the company or its subbies though.

Thanks for the info.

I took these photos 6 years ago in Widnes.
Might be of interest.

20160914_125738_2.jpg

20160914_125553_2.jpg

20160914_130819_2.jpg

ERF-NGC-European:
This French one looks as if it might be a preservation job! Robert

Same registration.

20160914_130819_2.jpg

use a name:

ERF-NGC-European:
This French one looks as if it might be a preservation job! Robert

Same registration.

Well found! And thanks for matching up the registrations. Good pics too! :sunglasses:

This ERF has featured on here before but this is a ‘new’ pic:

I’ve posted a couple of photos of this erf, I found another so thought I would share.

use a name:
I’ve posted a couple of photos of this erf, I found another so thought I would share.

Refreshing to see a (presumably) preserved unit in a plain colour with no livery. A nice example. :sunglasses:

New pic, but the wagon’s been on here before:

New theory! I suspect that there were two different types of LHD E-series.

The LHD E-series as we know it on this thread, was introduced in the early ‘90s to mark ERF’s re-entry into the European market. These vehicles were all basically an early version of the EC-series with an E-series cab.

However, does anyone know of an LHD E-series that was produced before that time: ie between the unveiling of the E-series in the late ‘80s and the commencement of the new Euro-style ones in the early ‘90s. I ask because these pre-Euro LHD E-series (if they existed) would have been of standard E-series spec (rather than EC) and therefore capable of sustaining a Fuller RTX 14609 gearbox, thus bringing me closer to the possibility that a LHD version of the owner-drivers’ Supertruck (mentioned in previous posts) existed.

1991-1992 E-series…does this help?

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

ERF-Continental:
1991-1992 E-series…does this help?

Yes, it’s a great brochure that! Actually, I did post it, or maybe parts of it on here several pages back. However, this clearly depicts the later export model based on the EC-series and sports an Eaton TwinSplitter gearlever.

Will see if any spec-sheets from that time-frame release more

It’s quite a pile so I only take the main types and all are from december 1991

Please specify if one (or more) of these attract your attention and I make some pics of the content

And here the “last” ones LHD for the continent as per Collosio in Reims…you’ve got copies from me I think?

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

ERF-Continental:

Please specify if one (or more) of these attract your attention and I make some pics of the content

Thank you. I notice the 5th brochure down (E14.41st / E14.46st 4x2) doesn’t mention the gearbox on the cover, like the other ones do. Does it offer the Fuller RTX 14609 as an alternative to the Twin-Splitter, A-J?

ERF-Continental:
And here the “last” ones LHD for the continent as per Collosio in Reims…you’ve got copies from me I think?

Yes, I have A-J, and they’ve proved most useful, thank you. :sunglasses:

ERF-NGC-European:

ERF-Continental:

Thank you. I notice the 5th brochure down (E14.41st / E14.46st 4x2) doesn’t mention the gearbox on the cover, like the other ones do. Does it offer the Fuller RTX 14609 as an alternative to the Twin-Splitter, A-J?

The inside says twin splitter

In a fortnight I am in Brussels at CDB-archives again and I will search for more

ERF-Continental:

ERF-NGC-European:

ERF-Continental:

The inside says twin splitter

In a fortnight I am in Brussels at CDB-archives again and I will search for more

Thanks for searching. And good luck with the archives!

Rowena…is there any chance that the bridge towards the E-series (later EC-series) has some history to the late C-series?

When that is the case I have quite a pile of specs and brochures…feel free