Left-Hand Drive B-series ERFs

[zb]
anorak:

ERF-NGC-European:
… The big cab LHD European ERF didn’t come out till '77 so this must still have been at the development stage. Robert

Reading the text, it seems that 2 or 3 axles and left- or right-hand drive were all available, in Europe and GB, as production options with the SP sleeper cab, at the time of the publication of the article.

Thank you for spotting that, Anorak! :sunglasses: Received knowledge on here is that the new Euro sleeper came out in '77. However, I’ve just checked with Patrick Dyer’s book, in which he says that it was released in September '76 just in time for Earls Court :open_mouth: . So basically, three months earlier than I thought! I will amend my records accordingly (in particular with regard to this model’s relationship with the NGC, as this means that they overlapped for a whole year :wink: . Robert

Previous pictures of this unit on the thread show it in 6x2 configuration. However, Truckerash informs me that it started life as a 4x2 (see below). robert

Some new Trans Arabia B-series pics (taken at Aldridge, I believe) have come to light, as follows. Robert

Transport Cosson from 1977. Another ERF from MABO,Paris no doubt as truck is department 95.

erffrance Cosson SA 95 (1977).PNG

DEANB:
Transport Cosson from 1977. Another ERF from MABO,Paris no doubt as truck is department 95.

MABO needs to be explored further! Robert

Was recently sent these. I notice they are all (apart from the last pic) Jennings sleepers so probably pre-'76 and comparably low-powered.

erfrob2.jpg

erfrob3.jpg
erfrob5.jpg

DEANB passed me this pic of a Dutch Jennings sleeper LHD B-series. It looks to be near the end of its service. I think that livery is a variation on HT Wilhelminakade of Rotterdam. Robert

Not a LHD but a interesting Export model, South Africa maybe? Chris

Again not a LHD but a lovely looking wagon. Chris

Scan0001.jpg

Very smart Export. Chris

^^Yes, all African. R

Found this Swiss one advertised on ebay this morning. Robert

As a result of the above ^^ contribution today, I was sent the following image of a LHD B-series by email:

Robert

ERF-NGC-European:
As a result of the above ^^ contribution today, I was sent the following image of a LHD B-series by email:

Robert

Picture has been taken in the yard of Garage P. Bestebreurtje (DAF-dealers for passenger cars and trucks) or as we here know Best Truck Import.

Unknown who owned/operated the B-series

ERF-Continental:

ERF-NGC-European:

Robert

Picture has been taken in the yard of Garage P. Bestebreurtje (DAF-dealers for passenger cars and trucks) or as we here know Best Truck Import.

Unknown who owned/operated the B-series

That’ll be in Rijsoord then. Robert

robert1952:
Just a note to say that I’ll be ‘off-line’ for a brief while.

In the meantime, let me leave you with this magnificent picture of that Greek B-series, now in my collection, to keep you going. Dunno who took the photo.

Robert :smiley:

Thats Johns ERF well He drove it anyway, not sure what the deal was some tie up with a Greek guy up Volos way, have to excuse My memory its a long while ago, John was an Etheopean Fella who lived in Athens, nice Bloke perfect English & went all over in that lorry. His brother i recall was called Soloman. I heard John returned to Etheopia & passed away. I believe He had a White before The ERF ive seen pictures of it but The White was before i knew Him.

fly sheet:

robert1952:
Just a note to say that I’ll be ‘off-line’ for a brief while.

In the meantime, let me leave you with this magnificent picture of that Greek B-series, now in my collection, to keep you going. Dunno who took the photo.

Robert :smiley:

Thats Johns ERF well He drove it anyway, not sure what the deal was some tie up with a Greek guy up Volos way, have to excuse My memory its a long while ago, John was an Etheopean Fella who lived in Athens, nice Bloke perfect English & went all over in that lorry. His brother i recall was called Soloman. I heard John returned to Etheopia & passed away. I believe He had a White before The ERF ive seen pictures of it but The White was before i knew Him.

Thanks for that nice bit of background ‘flysheet’! Ethiopians driving Greek ERFs - good cosmopolitan stuff, that! Cheers, Robert

Best trucks.