Left-Hand Drive B-series ERFs

Two stunning photos taken by Alan Rickett when he was the Publicity Officer at ERF. Robert

Well this last one sure got the looks! Nice one :smiley:
Just need to hook up to a 12 metre spread tamden-tilt :wink:

Danne

I think those old euro tests deserve a thread all of their own. Perhaps deanb would like to take care of that when he’s got a few spare moments?

robert1952:
Two stunning photos taken by Alan Rickett when he was the Publicity Officer at ERF. Robert

I just noticed that those are two different vehicles, unless it’s the same one after a second visit to the painter. Talking about the painter- what a fabulous job, on both lorries.

[zb]
anorak:

robert1952:

I just noticed that those are two different vehicles, unless it’s the same one after a second visit to the painter. Talking about the painter- what a fabulous job, on both lorries.

Yes, I believe they took two in Saudi. robert

One in the Netherlands fleet of Bruin. Robert

An advert in a Dutch mag, Beroepsvervoer from 8th of February 1978.

A most interesting price list from Best Truck Import, the ERF dealer in Holland at the time. Kindly sent to me by Hans Witte in Holland.

French-reg example kindly posted on the Past & Present thread by PV83!

13096082_1105866082789098_4283421171745999393_n.jpg

Zucconi ,Looks like a french reg but i thought they were a Swiss company ■■

DEANB:

Zucconi were deffo a French company. If you look back over this thread there are several pics of them but this one today is a new one on me. Jona managed to rescue one and is restoring it. :wink: . Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

DEANB:

Zucconi were deffo a French company. If you look back over this thread there are several pics of them but this one today is a new one on me. Jona managed to rescue one and is restoring it. :wink: . Robert

The CH on the name board threw me chap !

DEANB:

ERF-NGC-European:

DEANB:

The CH on the name board threw me chap !

A new Swiss picture. We have several Swiss ones on here. Unfortunately, I stopped keeping a LHD B-series register a long time ago so I can’t account for them all but they’ll certainly all be on this thread. I imagine its the same lorry as these below, but at least we have a new owner’s name on the headboard and a registration number. Robert

92723f331f31697c0b3bb9d72a95a195.jpg

Some new items from Continental journals posted elsewhere by DEANB. Robert

newerf748.PNG

newerf747.PNG

Vermeulen’s B series.

newerf886a.PNG

LHD B-series mostly went to the M/E and examples like the one above ^^ were rare. However, here is a piece that was sent to me today; it’s from CM in 1976 about the Euro-spec LHD B-series 6x4. The big cab LHD European ERF didn’t come out till '77 so this must still have been at the development stage. Robert

ERF-NGC-European:
… The big cab LHD European ERF didn’t come out till '77 so this must still have been at the development stage. Robert

Reading the text, it seems that 2 or 3 axles and left- or right-hand drive were all available, in Europe and GB, as production options with the SP sleeper cab, at the time of the publication of the article.