Leeds flooding

I got a drop in the city centre of Leeds at 6am on the 29th, given that most of Leeds is currently leaking, anyone in the area know what the town centre is like? Its right by the bus station if that makes it easier.

Didnt know Leeds has Water

Said in news late last night the city centre had escaped the floods just the outskirts suffered.

Bus station is ok, just under the railway arches isn’t so if you’re on the same side of the railway as the bus station you’ll be fine.
Where abouts are you going?

Just googled.
River Aire,…Ahhh
Must be in the Town down. Everywhere i have been was on Hills and nowhere Water. Noteven on the Bottom of the Hills. The City i wouldnt expect flooding.
Now,see it late enough to start thinking in Generally thinking towards future Bad Weather and not waiting for it.

I live 10 miles from Leeds, and we have escaped most of the flooding, although parts of our town near the River Calder haven’t, but those are the ones that are right next to it.

Chantry Bridge in Wakefield centre was closed last night as a precaution, and Castleford was on alert, but only for around 3 hours. Most of the water in the area is now subsiding.

You should be ok in Leeds centre.

Ken.

If you’re on the same side of the railway arches as the bus station you’ll be fine. The flooding is on the other side of the railway. Where abouts you off?

The river Aire flows right through the middle of Leeds.

The Headrow.

The Headrow is high above the river Aire. If that floods, Leeds is in trouble. You should be fine.

Ken.

I’m coming in off the M621 at JC4 for the A61 into the city, over the river.

At the moment that’s clear, I use that route to get to work and popped in to get something I’d left in truck. If you follow A61 and go past bus station with it on your left , past West Yorks Playhouse it brings you at bottom of headrow. Rain all tonight and most of tomorrow so that might change but very much doubt it as if that lot starts flooding then Leeds has major problems!