LEDs

Can anyone tell me where i can get the truck name logo’s that are lit with what look like LEDs? :bulb: By the way HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi Kentman, these are sold in most of the European Truckstops. They look like a peg board with the rear illuminated, which shines through the multi coloured plastic pegs.

Or there are illuminated logo’s available as well.
:smiley:

kentman

most of the large truck stops will sell them try ashford truckstop should be your nearest

jon

But bear in mind that if they are red LED’s in the windscreen then it will be breaking the law (like our wonderful police force don’t have anything better to do!).

John

So, get another colour then. Yellow, white, green or blue are fine. Blue is legal so long as it’s not flashing in any way.

The pegboard type are totally different as they are just backlit and make the plastic pegs glow,and they are only for interior use.

The proper LED type are wired up usually in series or individually with resistors,but,to be able to use them on the outside of the truck they have to be sealed in silicon to make them waterproof.

I have seen them in places like Gieselwind in Germany,but they are expensive.For a Scania or Volvo grille badge you will be looking at almost £100 !!!

It is quite easy to make a nameplate from a number plate,the pressed metal ones are best as the digits are raised and so gives you more space behind for fitting the LED’s.Just drill out holes in the letters to fit the LED’s and then wire them up in series,wire up 9-10 for 24V or less if you want them brighter.For odd ones you will have to fit a resisitor.

And LED’s last for years,my one was made by an ex-colleague in Holland in 1991 and I only replaced the LED’s last year because they had faded.
LED’s also draw very little current,mine is on 24/7 and never drains the batteries.

Hope this has helped.
Keith