LED torch

My Dad bought one from Aldi just this week. Says its a cracker. Magnetic too. Fiver!

I’m told you can buy replacement parts for maglites and even a kit to convert it to LED. Try ebay maybe or maglite website.

lennox1:
Check these out Rob, highly recommended
My Othe half got me one for crimbo probably a bit costy but absolutely brill

amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000OGCP6W

I’ve got 2 of these in differant sizes and they knock spots of Maglites… There is no way I would go back to a maglite now…

Wow, all sorts of recommendations. Cheers fellas, I’ll check them all out. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Plenty of options there Rob, Ideal for checking your nuts before you leave the house :smiley:

Rob K:
Wow, all sorts of recommendations. Cheers fellas, I’ll check them all out. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Yeah not sure about the one you wear on your head though. They maybe quite good but come on :exclamation: :open_mouth:

clarkyboy:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Led-Head-Lamp-Torch-Zoomable-Zoom-5w-Focus-Cree-LE4-/290612857239?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a9e04997#ht_2369wt_952

the brightest head torch you will find at this price…i use it for fishing/work…truly amazing

Fishing is fine but in a yard full of lorry drivers? Nodding your head up and down? Hhmm? I’ll stick with holding one in my hand till everyone else does it! :smiley:

streaky:
I’ll stick with holding one in my hand till everyone else does it! :smiley:

We are still talking about torches…Aren’t we? :open_mouth:

streaky:

clarkyboy:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Led-Head-Lamp-Torch-Zoomable-Zoom-5w-Focus-Cree-LE4-/290612857239?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a9e04997#ht_2369wt_952

the brightest head torch you will find at this price…i use it for fishing/work…truly amazing

Fishing is fine but in a yard full of lorry drivers? Nodding your head up and down? Hhmm? I’ll stick with holding one in my hand till everyone else does it! :smiley:

I have a LED head torch with 4 settings, one even glows red, they are certainly handy to keep your hands free and if you think I look a prick, don’t ask to borrow it again :stuck_out_tongue:

schrodingers cat:

streaky:
I’ll stick with holding one in my hand till everyone else does it! :smiley:

We are still talking about torches…Aren’t we? :open_mouth:

Hey you took that quote out of context! Does look funny like that though. :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

streaky:

clarkyboy:

I have a LED head torch with 4 settings, one even glows red, they are certainly handy to keep your hands free and if you think I look a prick, don’t ask to borrow it again :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn’t say you looked a prick! Mind you walking round the yard with a glowing red head?? :open_mouth:

Wheel Nut:

I have one of those, as you say they are excellent for keeping your hands free if you need to do any actual work, for example if you need to loosen the injectors and bleed the diesel system at one o’ clock in the morning because you have run out of diesel two miles short of the AS24 at Calais. :blush: :blush: :blush:

ive had one of these for a couple of years now with no problems, plenty bright enough…
argos.co.uk/static/Product/p … +TORCH.htm

£5.00 at tesco small wind up torch…brilliant little tool can also be used as a self defence weapon if anyone knocks on youir door in the night just shine it on them…thats how powerful it is.

Those wind up torches are [ZB]! I have about 3 of them knocking around somewhere and they’re all ■■■■■■. They work okay for a short period while the dynamo thingy is still new, but then they don’t hold more than 5 seconds ‘charge’ even after winding them up for ages. I think I can manage to afford some batteries for an LED one… :unamused:

One in work bag n one in car. Surprisingly bright for a little torch
clasohlson.co.uk/product/cat … 5;88599177

Rob K:
Those wind up torches are [ZB]! I have about 3 of them knocking around somewhere

So how come you didn’t learn your lesson after the first two? :wink:

Harry Monk:

Rob K:
Those wind up torches are [ZB]! I have about 3 of them knocking around somewhere

So how come you didn’t learn your lesson after the first two? :wink:

I acquired the 2nd one from somewhere and the 3rd one was bought as a present by a relative.

Personally, I do think wind-up torches are worthwhile. They may only provide illumination for a minute or two, but then if you wind them up again they provide illumination for another minute or two.

It’s not particularly difficult to wind them up, although I fully appreciate that you may have better things to do with your right hand. :wink: