LED Lights

I was wondering if the LED lights on the stobart trucks are wired upto a seperate switch or wired up to the headlight switch and if they are illegal

thanks in anticipation

sam

phantom309:
I was wondering if the LED lights on the stobart trucks are wired upto a seperate switch or wired up to the headlight switch and if they are illegal

I’ve only ever driven one of Stobbies trucks, a Scania, and they came on with the side lights.

As they’re white I don’t see any reason why they should be illegal - there is no limit to the number of white forward facing sidelights that you can have.

Paul

as Repton has said, they are usually wired up to the sidelights, they are not illegal.

you can have as many marker lights of any colour apart from red on the front

BUT, the factory fitted front sidelights (in the headlamp) and top corner marker lights MUST be white or it is a potential PG9 from VOSA and also it is an MoT failure

cool thanks for the replies gonna go get 3 sometime to put in the step on front bumper on ma dads daf :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

thanks

sam

phantom309:
cool thanks for the replies gonna go get 3 sometime to put in the step on front bumper on ma dads daf :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

thanks

sam

You’re doing that daf up? Sorry, I thought that pic was of a daf in a breakers yard :laughing: :laughing:

Steve-o:

phantom309:

thanks

sam

You’re doing that daf up? Sorry, I thought that pic was of a daf in a breakers yard :laughing: :laughing:

Would be better if it was a scanny but ma dad loves his dafs so…

i also got the brillo pads out and got the rust off the exhaust tank thing and also layers of brake dust and crap that had formed on the front wheels so that now shines, was gonna do a before/after thing but by the time i thought about it i had finished :blush: :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Taken today

phantom when ya see colin tell him carl from taylors said hello and im back on my old volvo cheers
nice tidy daf there mate :wink:

Carl:
phantom when ya see colin tell him carl from taylors said hello and im back on my old volvo cheers

yea no probs :wink:

Carl:

dont suppose you know which truck he drives me nor dad know a colin :blush: :blush:

Looking better every time i see a new pic. :smiley:
Im going to get some leds for are Actros too,were are you getting yours from :question:Im thinking of putting them in the grill.

removalboy:
Looking better every time i see a new pic. :smiley:
Im going to get some leds for are Actros too,were are you getting yours from :question:Im thinking of putting them in the grill.

am after the same LED’s stobarts use,
was quoted £12 from Spot-On
and £9.50 from Jenkins from Wem, Shropshire

sam

last time i saw him he had a scania r series youve got some of them aint ya theres not another marsh out your way is there with similar colours to you he used to work for steve fellows before a s taylor

yea the have scania R Series, and i think there the only Marsh, I,ll keep my eye out for him for ya

sam

Always on led running lights become a legal requirement for new vehicles soon I think.

Have just had some clear white flashing white LEDS fitted to the front of one of our lorrys,( roadside collections etc) for warning lights, have about 19 flash patterns absolutely brilliant as warning lights, very very bright.

But the light company only did them in 12 v so we had to fit a 24v to 12 v dropper box ( £10.00) but if your fitting 24 v leds then you can wire them straight into your side lights / existing marker lights.

Leds can use the same wiring as already fitted to your vehicle.

We used www.emergencyequipmentshop.co.uk excellent website, helpfull staff next day delvery.

Tricky d