Led lights

Who runs these on there grills and is there a requirement on colours I see there becoming popular are they wired to side lights or just Need a power source

iv often wondered is it an offence to have your cab all lit up inside while driving along at night ? second thoughts i guess it isnt cos thats how buses are at night

Illegal under road vehicle lighting regs however nobody seems to care, even with the blue ones.

Only the idiots wire directly to the side lights. Those who know what they’re doing take a feed from somewhere else and use the sidelights merely as a switch for a relay for example. You should find that somewhere in the fusebox is an aux feed to be used to supply anything people want to add.

If you’re asking whether they need a power source or can be wired off side lights my advice is to pay someone to install a feed for you to come out somewhere behind the grille on the front bulkhead with a connector block on so you can wire all you want to it without worrying about melting anything.

Conor:
Illegal under road vehicle lighting regs however nobody seems to care, even with the blue ones.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ahem…

legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989 … rt/II/made

section 11 states no red lights to the front are allowed.
it does not mention any other colour hence they are legal so long as you also have your normal 2 white sidelights.
ive put cars,vans,campervans and 44ton truck through the mot sometimes by having to tell the tester to go and look at the book,or get his boss.other times the tester knows the law and passes them though they try to frown upon it.
the blue lights that are technically illegal are on ambulances ect that you may use privately though again,so long as you dont use them,you will never get troubled.
obviously this wouldnt apply if you swap your night trunk for a job as a plod and become the new angus?? :slight_smile: