LED indicators.

New one for me today.
I was behind a 64 plate tipper,and when he indicated ( honest :open_mouth:),I noticed that his indicator LEDs were positioned in a chevron pattern,with the pointy bit facing the direction of turn :confused:
Any idea what make of truck it would be ?
And,here’s an open goal for some of the wags on here,why have they introduced this design :wink:

New shape FH’s have them, so possibly an FM/FMX?

spooky70:
New shape FH’s have them, so possibly an FM/FMX?

yep the new volvos

Nothing new really.it might be new being retro fitted but we had a Dutch truck OD delivering to a place I worked some 20yrs ago with directional lights like that Maybe not LED but the same thing really

I have normal indicators on the side light lenses and next to them at tad higher on the bed I have led indicators in a strip light, top and bottom of the strip are side lights and middle led flashers

What are indicators?

dri-diddly-iver:
What are indicators?

Them things you say thank you with :wink:

:wink:

indicators
orange lights on the corners,car drivers dont seem to know how to use them

Not seen the pointy ones, and slightly OT but reminded me I did see an Audi the other day with led indicators which didn’t flash, they did more of a nightrider left to right (for o/s) and right to left (for n/s) thing. They looked like standard lenses but is this standard or have they tinkered with the led system for this?

KarlM:
Not seen the pointy ones, and slightly OT but reminded me I did see an Audi the other day with led indicators which didn’t flash, they did more of a nightrider left to right (for o/s) and right to left (for n/s) thing. They looked like standard lenses but is this standard or have they tinkered with the led system for this?

Am I a child that think this is possibly the coolest thing ever? ?

I had a Mustang while on holiday in the USA, it had strobing tail lights for indicators. They looked the nuts!

Don’t like the round brake/tail light with the indicator in the middle type LED. A lot of busses have them. I don’t know if its just me, but I struggle to see their indicators flashing when the brake lights are on at the same time.

I have seen them knightrider style indicators you mention, i believe they are standard fit to Audi R8’s

Have I seen front indicators that turn off the headlight on the same side when being used? Or am I just dreaming?

Old hat - been around since the early 1950s

flickr.com/photos/23875695@ … 5120626716

cav551:
Old hat - been around since the early 1950s

flickr.com/photos/23875695@ … 5120626716

even earlier

bonhams.com/auctions/21899/lot/60/

:open_mouth:

fredthered:
Have I seen front indicators that turn off the headlight on the same side when being used? Or am I just dreaming?

Yes, some cars with LED daytime running lamps dim the DRL when the indicator on that side is flashing.

Cav551 exactly my thoughts (though i,m not that old late 50,s maybe) I remember all the buses had them sort of indicators, good idea to revive it helps reinforce where you are turning mind you we will all have to attach the package of indicators to our next CPC. :smiley:

Glen A9:

fredthered:

Yes, some cars with LED daytime running lamps dim the DRL when the indicator on that side is flashing.

Not just cars, if you see an oncoming Scania indicating (assuming you find one that does :wink: ) you’ll see the drl dim on that side too.