LED bulbs

Your advice please Gents…
I’m thinking of replacing the bulbs on an R Series Topliner (the ones that run above and along the windscreen) - do I need special fittings to replace those that are standard :question: (Thanks) :smiley:

118 views and not one reply :frowning:

no special fittings required just decent quality festoon type led bulbs they are a little longer than the average led i think there 40mm

the covers at the ends are really difficult to remove, handle with care because they break quite easily. I used the 38mm LEDs, you have to watch the polarity as well

I can see what scania’s idea is with this but it is very pointless,and not effective at all, my truck has hella leds along there and they are worse than scanias efforts, i thought they may have come up with something better when the face lifted the r series, even the leds scania offer for up there are poor.

Ive been seeing loads of toplines with a reflecive? panel up there, either that or its backlit. Now they look nice…

they are probably the ones KELSA sell

Yeah you can put festoon LED bulbs in no probs, the 1’s I bought were slightly shorter than the original bulbs, just bent the holder connections slightly… The only thing i would say though is that light strip is pretty crap on the Scania as its not water tight, the connections corrode the plastic lenses gets dirty and I got sick changing the LED bulbs as they didn’t last long contrary to the manufacturers claims. This might been due to water ingress…

truckspark:

Yep there the ones… look very smart imo… :smiley:

truckspark:

Cracking looking truck. Really like those name boards.

An Led isnt actually a bulb is it ?

LED
LIGHT EMITTING DIODE

truckspark:
LED
LIGHT EMITTING DIODE

Not a bulb then.

I bought mine years ago from CDC, they were slightly shorter than the standard ones but I just bent the conectors in slightly. They will only work the one way round aswell, when you change them undo the centre two panels first and work your way out to the edges and replace in reverse. I fitted blue ones and they did look smart think they were a fiver each but I never had to change them.