LED Bulbs.

Im fed up with replacing the interior festoon type bulbs in my DAF, so want to use LED replacements. Also Im thinking of using LED tail/stop bulbs on my Honda bike.
Anyway the query is this: looking on Amazon and eBay there`s a huge choice of suppliers and the feedback/reviews are very varied, so anyone out there had good results or equally any horror stories ■■

(Ive had a bit of a search on this site and found some advice about possible problems on older trailers with high resistance in the wiring, and I dont think I`ll have any issues with canbus fault codes.)

Can’t help you with the lorry, we still get Lucas bulbs at work which last ages and one of the many good things about the MAN it almost never blows any bulbs, so rare in fact that i have to remove the front light unit screwbolts and grease them up now and again or when you do need to change a bulb they’ll be seized up.

As for car (or bike) bulbs, i found ebay seller ‘‘ruudg10’’ to be a very helpful chap and the leds i got from him were good quality, not cheap but good stuff seldom is, i needed a rear red coloured fog light (due to fading lens) and the one supplied was superb.

Ditto the same vehicle only had one reverse light, like a bloody candle so i bought a pair from another seller, utter bloody rubbish, contacted ruudg10 and he sold me a single reverse LED that lit the bloody street up, highly recommend him.

The problem you have replacing them with LED is that the truck is 24V so it is not going to be straight forward. We use LED wedge bulbs in the fruit machines we build at work and they’re a £1 a pop and we’re buying 300-400 a time.

Thank you both.
Ill have a look for that seller Juddian. Conor, Ive seen several listings for 24v bulbs, but am not sure how good any of these are, hence the query. I`m loath to fit anything that could overheat and damage holders/fittings etc.

I used a company called Horizon LED for the interior of my car, not the cheapest but have had them in for 3 years with no problems.
If you contact them with what vehicle you have they’ll put a pack together with all the bulbs you need.

Try this guy :-

facebook.com/ledwales/?hc_r … S_TIMELINE

(I have to declare an interest, he’s related to me :laughing: )

Thanks again for advice.

Franglais:
Conor, Ive seen several listings for 24v bulbs, but am not sure how good any of these are, hence the query. Im loath to fit anything that could overheat and damage holders/fittings etc.

LEDs run infinitely cooler than normal bulbs so it won’t be an issue.

Conor:

Franglais:
Conor, Ive seen several listings for 24v bulbs, but am not sure how good any of these are, hence the query. Im loath to fit anything that could overheat and damage holders/fittings etc.

LEDs run infinitely cooler than normal bulbs so it won’t be an issue.

I agree with you they should. But Ive heard of (obviously faulty/crappy) items that do overheat, so dont want to get stung. I know each bulb is only a few quid, but it`s consequential damage that worries me.

Kev Larkin, I wouldn’t buy bulbs from anyone else

trukwizard.com/Larking-lights

ned to be carefull replacing bulbs as you need to ise the correct wattage as otherwise it throws up like errors

go onto ebay, type in 24v led bulbs, then take your pick, A lot of led bulbs have a 5v-30v operating range. I’ve bought quite a few, all from china about £5.00 fo 4,

the festoons I’ve got in my car came from Halfords, were on special plus trade discount were £8.00 for a pair, super white and lots brighter than standard, also festoons come in different lengths, 29mm,30mm,etc.

Thanks all. :wink:

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk