Leaving Forces need help Central Scotland

I was at a employment fair as part of me leaving the Army and Pertemps were all for taking drivers. Phoned them up today and said I’ll get the Falkirk/Livingston branch to phone you (no call) then phoned them myself and the guy on the phone said they would phone in 20 min (no call). Bit of a ■■■■ take really, so does anyone know any agency’s in Falkirk/central belt taking on drivers or even company’s ? Not bothered how crap the jobs are just looking for somewhere I can feel secure and keep my head down and work as much as possible.

Best bet is to walk in the door of haulage companies with a cv looking tidy in my opinion. Agencies are the scum of the earth who will ■■■■ you about. And how about Stobbarts, Maxi haulage or that lot with red truck that run loads of coal from the port on the west coast at Largs.

So best avoiding agency’s altogether then ? I’ve applied to stobart a couple of weeks ago but heard nothing back, I’ll give Maxi a try though.

I read the title as a Telegram and though, well you voted for the SNP :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:
I read the title as a Telegram and though, well you voted for the SNP :smiley:

SNP lol all words no action

Try John Mitchell in Grangemouth, theyre looking for class one drivers at the moment.

busteredwards:
Try John Mitchell in Grangemouth, theyre looking for class one drivers at the moment.

Will do

Was just going to mention Mitchells, most of the guy’s that come into our place seem happy enough.
You’ve also got D Adams there usually taking on, but to be honest they get mixed reviews.
A wee bit further a field you’ve got Malcolms at Newhouse.

alfa man:
Was just going to mention Mitchells, most of the guy’s that come into our place seem happy enough.
You’ve also got D Adams there usually taking on, but to be honest they get mixed reviews.

Cheers Alfa I sent a application to Malcolm aswell, Duncan’s websites down so not got a email ect.

alfa man:

Malcolm also have a depot in Grangemouth .

That’s the one I applied for, I’m from Falkirk so right on the doorstep. There’s none at Asda either

If you don’t mind some travel Long Lane Deliveries in Bellshill are looking ,They have signs on their fence,also there are signs all over Bellshill from agencies looking …If you did the 22 years you should have a nice wee pension,i only did the 12

norb:
If you don’t mind some travel Long Lane Deliveries in Bellshill are looking ,They have signs on their fence,also there are signs all over Bellshill from agencies looking …If you did the 22 years you should have a nice wee pension,i only did the 12

Norb you got any info or numbers ? I’ll work as much as possible don’t bother me aslong as I’m payed, works is work aslways someone worse off. I’ve done six but the best six years of my life but getting married on Thursday then out a month after that.

longlanedeliveries.co.uk/

tonez:
http://www.longlanedeliveries.co.uk/

Thanks I’ll give it a try

I don’t have numbers i’ll see if I can get some …They long lane are in Mothewell food park in Bellshill ,there is also DHL ,I know they are looking ,as I was in their yard (am ex R.E.M.E.) and they said they where looking…Morrisons supermarket are also in Bellshill,dont know if they are after anyone though…Suprised ASDA aren’t looking Used to do a lot of work at their old depot…Long Lane have a lot of new DAFs so equiptment is good

norb:
I don’t have numbers i’ll see if I can get some …They long lane are in Mothewell food park in Bellshill ,there is also DHL ,I know they are looking ,as I was in their yard (am ex R.E.M.E.) and they said they where looking…Morrisons supermarket are also in Bellshill,dont know if they are after anyone though…Suprised ASDA aren’t looking Used to do a lot of work at their old depot…Long Lane have a lot of new DAFs so equiptment is good

Thanks just pm them to me please or put them on here (y) I’m a 1 Para so you wold think not very much driving exepriance but yo would be surprised. I’ll have a look at all mentioned thanks

Manpower have an agency on the main road in Grangemouth,I did some R.M. work for them.You could try Thorn bridge the timber place down that way.Maybe if you did ADR you could get tanker work at the refinery.

alamcculloch:
Manpower have an agency on the main road in Grangemouth,I did some R.M. work for them.You could try Thorn bridge the timber place down that way.Maybe if you did ADR you could get tanker work at the refinery.

I’ll pop in Thornbridge on Monday, yeah I’ll pop manpower to, it’s just over the bridge ain’t it ? How much is adr to do ? I don hazmat in the army but suppose that’s not worth much outside

Whoflungdung:
…I don hazmat in the army but suppose that’s not worth much outside

Same thing, different name, so if your cert’s not expired you should be good to go.