leavin drivin,

get tore in, careers.lidl.co.uk/jobs/warehou … _7tYxaDrPo

Not for me.

gingo:
get tore in, careers.lidl.co.uk/jobs/warehou … _7tYxaDrPo

So looking at the ‘what you’ll need’ and ‘what’ll you do’ sections, a fair summary is that you’ll be expected to run around everywhere like a blue-arsed fly chasing targets along with stock checking, stacking products “perfectly”, cleaning and a whole bunch of other stuff. All for £9.50/hr. Yeah, I’ll get filling in their application form right away! :laughing:

DCPCFML:
… you’ll be expected to run around everywhere like a blue-arsed fly…

The ‘Listen carefully to picking instructions through your headset and carry them out at pace’ instruction seems to validate that comment. :open_mouth:

Pays more than some driving jobs. Is set hours.
Don’t know these days.
But years ago I worked for various warehouses as.forklift driver.
And.anything worked over 40 hours was time and half.
And.always opportunity for overtime extra shifts

edd1974:
Pays more than some driving jobs. Is set hours.
Don’t know these days.
But years ago I worked for various warehouses as.forklift driver.
And.anything worked over 40 hours was time and half.
And.always opportunity for overtime extra shifts

Go do it then. Same with all these “Aldi pays x for stacking shelves” threads. Personally I’d rather sit on my arse most of the shift listening to my favourite tunes, quacking with my mates on the phone, and then getting paid to sleep for a third of the shift.

From my observations of just about every Lidl depot I’ve been in, the actual employees dont seem to be in any form of rush whatsoever. In fact the fastest I’ve seen a person move is if there’s the crunch of a broken pallet and then from nowhere someone will arrive to tell you to restack it :unamused:

You cant really compare the two jobs. I would not want to turn up at the same place day in day out then carry out the same tasks with the same work mates. I have the best company in the world (mine) and a radio.

Have you ever picked in a supermarket warehouse? seen it done? Its bloody hard work. 8 packs of 2L coke bottles (thats 16gk) from the floor to head height 130 odd times an hour. Yep thats somewhere near what your target pick rate will be. That 9.50 per is looking pretty rubbish now compared to sitting on your behind all day aint it.

Fuzrat:
Have you ever picked in a supermarket warehouse? seen it done? Its bloody hard work. 8 packs of 2L coke bottles (thats 16gk) from the floor to head height 130 odd times an hour. Yep thats somewhere near what your target pick rate will be. That 9.50 per is looking pretty rubbish now compared to sitting on your behind all day aint it.

Some people pay money to a gym to do that! [emoji3]
But warehouse work ain’t for me.

It’s not a bad job if you’re in your 20s/early 30s. You can always progress to team leader/stock/despatch or some other managerial position where you’ll pretty much will be again sitting on your ■■■■ all day with the added benefit of having a toilet nearby at all times. If over 40 thoguh it’s probably a dead end hard job unless you’re grossly over qualified in which case you should directly apply for the better positions anyway…

Fuzrat:

At most warehouse pick rate about 200-300 box per hour.

Thats a back breaking job.All those who say i would rather stack shelves wont last a week.Pick rates alone will make you run like pallet drivers.My friend went to one warehouse job after he kept complaining he did not even finish his shift.

WheelsofCardiff:
Thats a back breaking job.All those who say i would rather stack shelves wont last a week.Pick rates alone will make you run like pallet drivers.My friend went to one warehouse job after he kept complaining he did not even finish his shift.

Most lorry driver are unfit lumps of lard who break into a sweat opening their curtains. The thought of them stacking shelves makes me giggle.