Leave it on, switch it off?

Hi all,

I have a fridge for the lorry, which draws about 3.5 amps at 12v (42W). Would you leave it on at night, or turn it off? The truck is a 6 month old Actros, with decent batteries, so I can’t imagine I would have any problems, but don’t want to tempt fate. At the same time, I don’t want a load of ruined food.

The way I see it is, if I left the sidelights on whilst parked in a layby overnight, I’d use more power, so should be fine. What does everybody else think?

Gary

Leave it on. All will be well, I promise.

I drive a 58 daf and leave it running all day and night never had any problems

If you drive a fridge lorry turn it on and leave the stuff in the back after you have switched it off. left my stuff nice and cool saves spending money on a fridge

Brilliant, thanks peeps. (If you should happen to see a silver actros with flat batteries this week, take pity on me!)

Micky - sadly not - curtainsiders mostly with the occasional flat.

Gary

Leave mine on all day and night, just don`t forget to switch it off on Friday night, Monday morning :blush:

I only turn mine off on a weekend. With good batteries shouldn’t be a problem.

switch mine off at night during winter,but leave it on overnight atm

Original? Leave it on year around. Heater + inverter + fridge at -20c in 9h with good batteries are no problem at all. With temperature on the + side of 0 15h is no problem. Just the fridge, well a week at least works fine and it will turn of automatically when the voltage drops to low.