Leasing secondhand

Just wondered if anyone had gone down this route before? There’s Mercedes advertised every week in Commercial Motor at £319.99 pw or a new shape at £359.99. Also seen MAN doing similar deals ranging from £199-£249pw.

The Merc deals include full R&M over 2 years which doesnt include road tax, insurance or tyres. The MAN deals come with no R&M but a 24month warranty. Seems a tempting offer for anyone like me who would like to dip their toe into leasing a truck and fixing your costs for 2 years.

Matt

The Merc deal always seems good to me, I would bet the MAN costs an absolute mint if you have to pay for your own R&M.

MAN are doing a deal for a brand new euro6 XLX cab TGX 440 for £299 a week, everythings included except fuel and insurance

chaversdad:
MAN are doing a deal for a brand new euro6 XLX cab TGX 440 for £299 a week, everythings included except fuel and insurance

Hell fire what dealership is this with. I was led to believe a new wagon on lease was around £450 a week?? I presume that deal is a 5 year lease rather than a 3■■

Matt

xfmatt:

chaversdad:

Hell fire what dealership is this with. I was led to believe a new wagon on lease was around £450 a week?? I presume that deal is a 5 year lease rather than a 3■■

Matt

I think its every dealer, i bought secondhand last month and this is the deal he was trying to get me to sign up to, it was a proper Man brochure with the price on the front, i thought i still had a copy but i must have binned it

What did you end up getting secondhand mate? Ive no problem with an MAN but the age bracket ill be looking at is 10-12 plate and they’ve had loads of problems with the high pressure intercooler and engines so im shying away from them tbh. You weren’t tempted by the new one on lease then?

Matt.

I just wanted to stay away from Egr so i bought a 2011 XLX cab Tgx with the rarer 540hp engine, runs with adblue so no Egr and it also has the factory fitted Man retarder which is fantastic , cant fault the truck at all, pulls like a train and very comfortable

Just remembering the days when everyone thought egr was the bees cos it meant no adblue. Lol.

Own Account Driver:
Just remembering the days when everyone thought egr was the bees cos it meant no adblue. Lol.

do scania egr give trouble aswell?

ellies dad:

Own Account Driver:

yes! the coolers leek ring seals blow among other things, the coolers are expensive but there is a solution to the problem by removing the whole lot!

ALL ergs will give trouble, it’s an inherent design charteristic.

Can’t find this £299 deal tho, I’d struggle to get a e class for that money, anyone else been able to find this or Summat along same lines?

Mattwoodtransport:
Can’t find this £299 deal tho, I’d struggle to get a e class for that

299 a week not a month, give me your money and i will happily supply you with a new merc for £1500 a month !

ellies dad:

Own Account Driver:

Yes, Scania and MAN are both VAG brands so they will be common components.