League table of jobs?

Hi folks,

Thought this might spark some discussion , though no offence intended to anyone doing any of the jobs mentioned !!

The idea being add a type of job into the list where you rate it . (this might also help us newbie/wannabe’s ! )

ie:
BEST:-
Driving support rig for Pirrelli calender shoot
Emptying septic tanks
WORST.

next person adds in their 2p.

BEST:-
Driving support rig for Pirrelli calender shoot
Supermarket overnight run
Emptying septic tanks
WORST.

Anyone want to add ■■ ( or will I get my coat ■■ )

Adbru

Interesting idea Adbru.

but you could look at it from the other way.

The job for the Pirrelli calender shoot, probally ends up doing loads of setting gear up and down and genrally being a right dogsbody when not driving, and although the models look great on the calender they’re probally a right stroppy stuck up bunch to work with. :laughing:

The main thing against it for most truck drivers is having to work with the same people day in day out. I think most of us are happy in our own company it’s onhe things that attract us to the job.

The emptying septic tanks might not have the galmour when talking about your job, but I reckon you’ll defiently be working on your own. :laughing: and if your area covered somewhere nice and senic, might be really nice driving round watching the season change :smiley:

From my experience of different jobs, I think the worst for me would be the supermarket night trunking :frowning: after the initial couple of runs where you’re thinking this is nice easy work, I then just get bored by of it.

The job I do at the moment ranks amongst the best, night work for Innovate/Hanley.

Did the septic tank bit on agy some years ago, did’nt find it a problem. Do not really have a worst one but I suppose the biggest chore was with CSG following PGF work where you had to dig the silt out of the tanks after it had settled, that was hot thirsty work, especially in summer.