Lazy limpers

We were expecting a limper to start work yesterday at 5am. He didn’t show.

Another was due this morning at 5am. He went to the wrong depot only a mile away, I called him to direct him to where he needed to be only for him to skip off home.

Do they not want work?

If you spoke to him like you have wrote on here good on him i wouldn’t work for you.

Well going by a lot of posts on here non limpers aren’t much better. Too many drivers won’t do this won’t do that… Talking to one of our lads yesterday, he won’t do London. FFS driver or ■■■■■

Too many drivers out there that won’t do … I’m a relative new comer (9 years exp) but iv never known it so bad … got fellas on our place …won’t drive anything older than a 2014 truck won’t strap loads won’t do London etc etc …makes fellas like me look like a mug because I just go where I’m told etc

mac12:
If you spoke to him like you have wrote on here good on him i wouldn’t work for you.

Eh?

I need a bit more patience. It only took him 35 mins to get just over a mile :frowning:

Honked:

mac12:

Eh?

I need a bit more patience. It only took him 35 mins to get just over a mile :frowning:

I know such a Side too. De closer i came the slower i walked :grimacing:

Honked:

mac12:

Eh?

Well you did come on here saying he had gone home and yesterdays never turned up, no mention of your phone call asking him why he’d gone home or what the agency had said when you rung them just that agency drivers did not want work.

dogthehunter:
Too many drivers out there that won’t do … I’m a relative new comer (9 years exp) but iv never known it so bad … got fellas on our place …won’t drive anything older than a 2014 truck won’t strap loads won’t do London etc etc …makes fellas like me look like a mug because I just go where I’m told etc

No mate you aint a mug it makes you a lorry driver, cos you just go out and do what needs to be done as generations of lorry drivers have…keep doing it mate, but keep your eyes open for that dead mans shoes opening whilst doing it, those jobs are out there still and they’ll welcome you with open arms, trust me.

I love it when idiots do what idiots do, the more the merrier, ■■■■ mesen when management jump up and down when, amazingly, employing a numpty results in the bloody obvious :unamused: , icing on the cake is it makes the dwindling rest us look good and more indispensable than ever.

Agency drivers are primarily motivated by money .

Clearly you are not motivating these drivers .

So…

Lazy Agy…

Or…

Tight arse employers .

After calling him 4 times and a text he didn’t reply to, it only pointed to him giving up.

It meant he was over an hour late starting work and that puts us in a bad light as he is late to the customer. We then have to hold a container back as we need his load.

Case stands - lazy limper.

This makes no sense, at 0650 you say agency driver failed to show at 0500 but he did show just at wrong yard so not his fault and you had called him to say where to be.
At 0930 you said he got there but it took him 35 minutes to travel 1 mile so he must have been there when you put first post on.
Then at 1000 you say he was 1 hour late and you had called him 4 times while he was driving to see where he was.
Which is it?

well I come into the wont go to London category - why would you its full of southerners and ■■■■■■■■■■

anywhere else I have no problem with uk or over the water I just have a hatred of London and driving there - even when it was my own truck.

if I had to go I would but there are plenty of other runs about which mean you don’t have to go into that poxy city.

I am only guess that the initial phone call to the 2nd guy who went to the wrong address went
ere bud ffs where the hell are you! You should’ve been here at 04:30 for your 5am start. Get yersen down ere sharpish or there’s hell to pay. The keys and paperwork are in the gatehouse cabin, and don’t come back until all the drops are off and the backload is collected.
or
Hi is that John… Hi it’s burt from Fred blogs transport, good morning how are you?
I understand your supposed to be coming to our yard to drive one of our trucks today. I’m a little worried as it’s just after 5 and I’ve not met you, and I was hoping to have a chat, do a little H&S induction, and be sure your ok with your checks, & give your a couple of pointers about any of the drops your not familiar with them. It would only take 5-10 mins then you’d be on your way.

I wonder what kind of phone call happened? :unamused:

Peirre that’s just what i was thinking but you have put it so much better than i could.

peirre:
I am only guess that the initial phone call to the 2nd guy who went to the wrong address went
ere bud ffs where the hell are you! You should’ve been here at 04:30 for your 5am start. Get yersen down ere sharpish or there’s hell to pay. The keys and paperwork are in the gatehouse cabin, and don’t come back until all the drops are off and the backload is collected.
or
Hi is that John… Hi it’s burt from Fred blogs transport, good morning how are you?
I understand your supposed to be coming to our yard to drive one of our trucks today. I’m a little worried as it’s just after 5 and I’ve not met you, and I was hoping to have a chat, do a little H&S induction, and be sure your ok with your checks, & give your a couple of pointers about any of the drops your not familiar with them. It would only take 5-10 mins then you’d be on your way.

You my Man. When can i start working for You? (Even would pay for the Coffee during Introduction!)

peirre:
or

I prefer the first phone call. Keys and notes in the gate house. Crack on and be left alone to get on with the job.

Second phone call sounds a nightmare. “A little H&S induction??” “Have a chat??” I go to work to drive, not hobnobbing.

You know the saying, you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Hey sorry for the time lapse but I have a truck to drive too :wink:

The second option on the call stakes but without coffee or induction. He was told night before where to meet, along with a text of instructions and address.

Can’t someone at least think of the children?

For every capable reliable limper who does the job by choice, i suspect there’s just as many who struggle to hold down a full time lorry job of any description, and haven’t a hope in hell of landing then keeping one of the better ones if they do happen to get it.

peirre:
or

You do have to wonder. Then again I’ve been phoned by the agency when I wasn’t there at 16:01 “They’re phoning asking where you are mate.” Been doing the same job for 3 months, everyone knew me, early in most days. “I’m around the corner I’ll be there in 5.”

Got in. “Was wondering where you were!” :imp: