'Layby's'

Just out of interest really. But does anyone know what all the new ‘laybys’ they are building on the M42 are for. Thanks.

Haven’t seen them but are we finally going continental style and having lay-bys on our motorways for parking?

the europeon drivers won’t use them any way if thats what they are there for,unless the on/off slip roads are full,also the hard shoulder :laughing: :laughing:

they are turning the hard shoulder into a run off lane for the slip roads in peak periods,the layby’s are there for emergency use only.

but if your from over the water overnight parking :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

jon

I thought they turning the hard shoulder into an extra lane (as opposed to a run off area for the slip roads) in peak periods with the lay-by’s being for emergency use only.

If it’s an “emergency” how the ■■■■ are supposed to time it for when you can get into one?

Or they are for police speed camera vans

Ooh! extra parking for us foreigners eh!

Try and keep the noise down as you drive past,I’m sleeping :wink: :wink:

ralliesport:
Or they are for police speed camera vans

This would be my guess too :wink:

NSH has the correct answer. :smiley:

The hard shoulders have been reinforced and extra gantry signalling has been installed to allow it to run as an eight-lane Motorway at busy periods. The extra laybys are to allow broken down vehicles to be towed clear of the carriageway pending repair/recovery.

I’m not sure of the current state of play, but when work started the Recovery Operators complained that the laybys were not of sufficient length to allow them, when dragging an artic, to gain the necessary speed to merge into the moving traffic. :open_mouth: Ooops, Splat… :wink: