Layby's Closing

Anyone wanting to, or needing to stop on the A1 between Seaton Burn and Gateshead…

You can’t anymore!

Over the past few weeks - during night works, I’ve watched several get either get filled in and grassed over, or reduced for maybe ‘points or interest’ only to park in!

There’s only two left that I can only see now, at Seaton Burn, one on the north bound and one opposite south bound.

Thought I’d maybe give a little heads up if you’re intending to, or needing to stop somewhere along there. You can’t! :imp:

The one past the team valley trad estate/ a692 turn off southbound has been changed too.emergencies only I think hope this helps guys.

It really annoys me that some great parking spots are being/have been blocked off, mainly to stop the travellers. On the A4260 Oxford-Banbury Road, some nice long stretches have been blocked which, behind the trees would make quiet places to overnight, well away from houses.
I wonder if the “service” area operators are contributing to the local councils’ twin town functions regarding this subject?

there is plenty of room to park up on the team valley estate anyway and its not a massive detour either north or southbound :wink:

Just waiting for someone to have a blowout or similar near to an ex-layby. They’ll just have to stay on the main carriage way instead of possibly limping into a safer layby…

scanny77:
there is plenty of room to park up on the team valley estate anyway and its not a massive detour either north or southbound :wink:

Wasn’t saying there was nowhere to park was just advising people that lay by is non use able being from area think I know that team valley is good for parking.but judging by the tone of your post you know more than me. Funny that considering your location says Falkirk :angry:

We’ve lost laybys down here in pembrokeshire too, I wouldn’t mind if they provided somewhere else adequate to park but they don’t , you get moved on if you park in the car parks & frowned upon if you pull into the coach area , other day I had to stop so went into the coach area of a car park , a coach driver started having a go , I was only going to be there 30mins , a coach is just a lorry with seats anyway , other thing that annoys me is the closing of public toilets , where are you suppose to go when out & about all day , especially in rural areas …

We’ve lost laybys down here in pembrokeshire too, I wouldn’t mind if they provided somewhere else adequate to park but they don’t , you get moved on if you park in the car parks & frowned upon if you pull into the coach area , other day I had to stop so went into the coach area of a car park , a coach driver started having a go , I was only going to be there 30mins , a coach is just a lorry with seats anyway , other thing that annoys me is the closing of public toilets , where are you suppose to go when out & about all day , especially in rural areas …

Tebay north services during the day are a nightmare… Despite clearly marked HGV parking bays,bloody cars and coaches are filling them leaving us with nowhere to park except a couple of spaces up top or around at the garage,car parks are in front of the restaurant and plenty behind it too… They just dont give a ■■,when asked to move they shrug there shoulders like tards and say its a car park an i`ll park where i want… Place is a bluddy shambles,yet park in a coach bay or straddle a few car park spaces they are right on your case…

To be fair to tebay services, you have just driven two miles past a truck stop with ample parking.