Lay-bys a90 Aberdeen

Hi just wondering if there any lay-bys to park on the a90 on the way to Aberdeen as I’m on a job there in a few weeks time. Thanks

Try the horse shoe at inchture ,it was free I think ,it’s very easy to miss as since the road altered you have to get off before it where the sign says inchture before Dundee ,or theres always stracathro further up but I don’t know how much it is and I wasn’t keen on .

Thank you Punchy Dan that’s a big help.

There’s loads of layby’s on A90, plus Asda at Perth which is open 24hrs…

just don’t park in one that’s too close to the tattiebogles as they tend to come out at night…some of the towns up there have street lamps and chippys as well…just remember your malaria jabs before you come up from Carlisle.or…empty your credit card amongst other things and get parked next to the boats down the docks…save the trip in the morning. :slight_smile:

Don’t bother with the lay-bys mate unless you really fancy the idea.

There’s a good truck stop at Stracathro. DD9 7PX is the postcode. There’s plenty of space and you can get fuel too. £10 a night for parking or £15 including an £11 meal voucher. More than enough to get a main meal and pudding. The showers are ■■■■■ though.

Alternatively don’t bother paying. Rumour has it that the staff NEVER come and check if you’ve paid. Personally I always pay as I like the company to pay for my tea.

Another option is Tayside Truck stop at Dundee. DD2 4UT. It’s about five mins walk from Asda. I think it’s £10 for the night including shower.

If it really is a lay-by that you’re after then there are loads at regular intervals between Stirling and Aberdeen. Not many of them are set back from the main road though and they become fewer once you’re north of Stonehaven. The A90 is fairly busy 24hrs a day. Not M25 busy but busy for Scotland.