Lay by to stop somewhere off M40 northbound between J4-15

My boyfriend may be leaving his job soon, and is worried that when he does they will mess him about regarding paying him back expenses (ie parking).

Does anyone know any lay bys or anywhere free to park around the M40 between J4-15 so he could get off and park for free instead of in a truck park?

If anyone could reply to this today it would be so much help! Thanks!

if he goes off m40 junction 11 at roundabout head to banbury next roundabout turn right into industrial estate plenty parking there.think its wildmere road.

Thanks so much!

There’s a couple on the A418 behind Oxford services, one each side, no idea if you’d get a space at night though.

come off j9, head towards bicester, turn right towards aylesbury on A41, next roundabout follow signs for DoT testing centre, just before low bridge do a right by the post box and park behind royal mail, short walk to town under bridge, all the essential ammenities, pubs/kebab shops!!

Thanks! This place is so great, we’d be clueless without it!!

tashlad666:
come off j9, head towards bicester, turn right towards aylesbury on A41, next roundabout follow signs for DoT testing centre,

Or turn left opposite the test centre. There’s normally some room down there.

Then it’s a ten minute walk back to the mini roundabout, up into the estate, where you find a pub, a chip shop and a chinese take away. :wink:

if he dont get paid all the money
write a NICE letter blah blah so many days then solicitor
always works

I think he just doesn’t want the hassle of chasing it up.

Spoke to him earlier and he went to the place first suggested on this thread and it was all double yellow lines :confused:

He didn’t want to go back on himself to go to the other places then so went to services after all but may try the other places next time.

Spoke to him earlier and he went to the place first suggested on this thread and it was all double yellow lines

Odd. I park there regularly. Some of it is lined but by no means all. I was last there only about a fortnight ago. Is he sure he got the right pace? The first Ind Est you come to is lined, but the Wildmere Rd one is a bit further down. It’s signed, though… :confused:

As far as I know yeah…he said that it was like a circular road? We had looked it up on google maps last night…

I dunno personally of course, only what he’s said…

missixty:
My boyfriend may be leaving his job soon, and is worried that when he does they will mess him about regarding paying him back expenses (ie parking).

Does anyone know any lay bys or anywhere free to park around the M40 between J4-15 so he could get off and park for free instead of in a truck park?

If anyone could reply to this today it would be so much help! Thanks!

A40, Piddington. Between junc 4 and 5. Almost at the corner of Chipps Hill, technically its called old oxford road. Big layby, pub that does food etc…to late now…?

For today yes but lots of great ideas for him to try in future as he does this route a lot and obv is better if he can park for free, as parking has to initially come out of our own money and isn’t paid back until end of month, which is becoming a bit of a joke considering the amount of nights out he’s on now.

missixty:
As far as I know yeah…he said that it was like a circular road? We had looked it up on google maps last night…

That’s the one, yeah. They must have only done it in the last fortnight. Barstewards. :angry:

missixty:
For today yes but lots of great ideas for him to try in future as he does this route a lot and obv is better if he can park for free, as parking has to initially come out of our own money and isn’t paid back until end of month, which is becoming a bit of a joke considering the amount of nights out he’s on now.

Continue into town on the main road until you get to a roundabout with a retail park on it called Banbury Cross (it’s signed). You can get away with parking in the service area so long as you look like you potentially could be delivering it in the morning. The gates are locked at night about 10pm (so safe) and reopened at 6am.

Or as previously described…

Come off at J9 for Bicester,carry on up the road for about 1.5 miles,and there is a garage on the left at the next roundabout.Park behind there,and there is within the grounds,a Burger King,and Little Chef.

I parked there 3 weeks ago.

Ken.

If you come off at Junc 4, and head south on the A404, there are plenty of laybys on both sides, between the M40, and the A4. The largest of these is on the Northbound side, just north of where the A4 crosses, so turn around at the A4 roundabout and head back north to reach it.

There is a large layby on the A4, if you head from the A404 towards Reading, look for it on your left (if heading West) shortly after a BP garage and Land Rover dealership.

From junction 5, if you come off and head back eastbound on the A40 back through Stokenchurch towards West Wycombe, you will pass a truck stop/cafe (no idea of prices) a little further along is a layby large big enough for trucks (May have already been mentioned). If that is full, you could try proceeding as far as West Wycombe, and turning north on the A4010, there are a handful of laybys shortly after this point.

If those are full, continue slightly Northbound on the A4010, and take the turning signposted (military red) for RAF Strike Command High Wycombe, there is an unmade layby further up this road on the edge of the woods that would accomodate an artic. Turning round in the morning, might be a bit of a pain however.

There is a large layby on the A40 heading into Oxford from M40 Junc 8 northbound. Has toilets.

Lucy:

missixty:

That’s the one, yeah. They must have only done it in the last fortnight. Barstewards. :angry:

live two mins from there yellow lined it in last week council dont want any lorrys parking up round there day or night … other place to park instead left at roundabout upto esso straight over roundabout left at next roundabout follow road round till dead end two min to pubs chippy loads of room

Is that by the 3663 depot?

On the Wildmere estate, parking was allowed but there were warning signs saying that Vosa and Trading Standards did regular checks. I have parked around there for many years after delivering chocolate to Lesme, later Barry Callebaut.

The estate near the pub and new hotel has got no parking signs everywhere. The owner of the land is a real pompous prick. Deserves his fence getting knocked down :wink: