Laws - What would you change

PaddyTheLorryDriver:
A bit of leeway on hours i:e no infringement for exceeding WTD by seconds :cry:

There is.

-More laws around RDCā€™s. Would force them to unload a lot faster than they do currently. There should be zero reason for a full trailer to take more than an hour.

-Increase speed limits on Motorways. 60MPH should be normal now.

-Drivers hours should still stay the same but period of rest should be a fixed amount. Say you start at 04:00 but do a 15 and finish at 19:00. No start time till 07:00 the next day. Would help a lot with companies being ran poorly.

If the first few points were done it would reduce drivers hours quite dramatically anyway.

AdamST205:
Increase speed limits on Motorways. 60MPH should be normal now.

The speed limit for an HGV on a motorway is 60mph, and has been for as long as I can remember.

ezydriver:

AdamST205:

The speed limit for an HGV on a motorway is 60mph, and has been for as long as I can remember.

I get whatā€¦

Youā€™re saying and Switchy picked me up on this the other day.

To a point, we donā€™t need to know what the limit is, we canā€™t exceed it. :smiley:

I was told by my assessor that we are nit allowed to exceed 56mph now,new rule

Sploom:
I was told by my assessor that we are nit allowed to exceed 56mph now,new rule

Rule? A company rule? Maybe.
Law? I think not.

AdamST205:
Say you start at 04:00 but do a 15 and finish at 19:00. No start time till 07:00 the next day. Would help a lot with companies being ran poorly.

No need for that to be a law, you can do it now.
Unless you are under the impression that taking 9 off is obligatory, and not just a minimum periodā€¦as they like you to think.
You take off as long as you feel the need to, if I do a 15 I take 10 off at least.

AdamST205:
(ā€¦)-More laws around RDCā€™s. Would force them to unload a lot faster than they do currently. There should be zero reason for a full trailer to take more than an hour.

we can stay in the cab, like in the past, just make yourself comfortable. Chill dude, what is the hurry? die sooner?

ezydriver:

AdamST205:

Obviously overruled and made moot by the 90 kmh speed limiter setting.

Should be shown in the hazards perception test for motorbikes, or all vehicles?
instagram.com/reel/CpNMc4dh ā€¦ MyMTA2M2Y=