Laws - What would you change

Speedy Duck:
Decriminalise drugs

Only if that is accompanied by an exemption allowing an injured party to dispense extreme “summary justice” to smackheads found robbing your house, car or truck.

Zac_A:

Speedy Duck:
Decriminalise drugs

Only if that is accompanied by an exemption allowing an injured party to dispense extreme “summary justice” to smackheads found robbing your house, car or truck.

Do alcoholics…

Not get duffed up then because their drug habit is socially acceptable?

Are you Iranian by any chance?

switchlogic:

robbo99.:
I did actually contact the nonsense DCPC reform body that you so kindly supplied the contact details of in another thread. Thanks for that!

No doubt they will be hanging on your every word. What was Zac thinking telling you about a top secret review no one knows about I’ve no idea. Shocking

Now you just steady on fella. Shock horror I wasn’t in the loop regarding the nonsense DCPC reforms. Now don’t you be having another hissy fit, slagging off Trucknet and disappearing off in a cloud of dust only to return to peddle your nonsense DCPC classes. That fella is CLASS.

Youre having a laugh.

He is talking about an eye for an eye,tootg for a tooth…

robbo99.:

switchlogic:

robbo99.:
I did actually contact the nonsense DCPC reform body that you so kindly supplied the contact details of in another thread. Thanks for that!

No doubt they will be hanging on your every word. What was Zac thinking telling you about a top secret review no one knows about I’ve no idea. Shocking

Now you just steady on fella. Shock horror I wasn’t in the loop regarding the nonsense DCPC reforms. Now don’t you be having another hissy fit, slagging off Trucknet and disappearing off in a cloud of dust only to return to peddle your nonsense DCPC classes. That fella is CLASS.

Glad you approve. Thanks for the complement, have a good afternoon x

robroy:
There is definitely room for review of the DCPC.
4 years ago I took the obligatory …is it 35 hours?
So next year I have to do another 35 hours.

So honestly…Has there really been so many changes in the job and in the rules that merits a full 35 hour repeat?

Surely after your first 35 hours, one session would be more than adequate to catch up with any changes,.and that is me compromising.
I mean if it has to be there 35 hours one off should be enough.
And if anybody breaks the rules or law, part of the punishnent on top of the fine and endorsements, should be re.taking those 35 hours…if that ain’t a deterrent I don’t know what is. :laughing:

Then again if that was the case there would not be nearly as much money floating around in the mix and we all know the true priority.

It does need to be shorter

Speedy Duck:
Decriminalise drugs

THIS! This is absolutely the answer to the problem. Had great results in places that have

Don’t really understand why so many drivers are against the CPC, OK I worked for years before it came in and some how managed, but you go on line, listen to a load of crap and then your good to go, cost is not that great and maybe you get a day off,

Macski:
Don’t really understand why so many drivers are against the CPC, OK I worked for years before it came in and some how managed, but you go on line, listen to a load of crap and then your good to go, cost is not that great and maybe you get a day off,

And there lies the problem, listen to a load of crap which allegedly makes you professionally competent and the turnip spouting the load of crap gets paid for it.

I’ve always been pro the idea of a dcpc, yes of course it definitely could be better.

I think in general driver’s knowledge of the rules and regs is very low. So I think it’s a good idea on that front.

I disagree with the new rule that you can’t repeat a module, yes it’s daft if someone does 5 winter driving module or one of the other filler type modules. But I was once on a drivers hours course, most of the other had little to no knowledge of drivers hours due to, new, returning or extremely occasional driving, 1 day wasn’t enough, to me it’d been far more beneficial for them to do the same course 3 days on the trot over a filler course.

Plenty of other jobs require on going training.

But one of the best things for me, and I think it should be for anyone who is completely anti it, anything that restricts the number of drivers can only have a positive impact on wages, supply and demand.

I’m the only driver of the only truck where I work with about 60 other people, a handful have a class 1, but non have a DCPC, that makes me more valuable, yes it not a mammoth task to get a DCPC for someone, but there hasn’t been time or the will at the moment. I know loads of people with a licence but no DCPC, they obviously don’t drive for a living, but they also can’t pick up odd shifts like they once would have done, that is a positive for people that do drive for a living.

Zac_A:

Speedy Duck:
Decriminalise drugs

stay away from the herb zachariah, it will make you see how you really are

stevieboy308:
I’ve always been pro the idea of a dcpc, yes of course it definitely could be better.

I think in general driver’s knowledge of the rules and regs is very low. So I think it’s a good idea on that front.

I disagree with the new rule that you can’t repeat a module, yes it’s daft if someone does 5 winter driving module or one of the other filler type modules. But I was once on a drivers hours course, most of the other had little to no knowledge of drivers hours due to, new, returning or extremely occasional driving, 1 day wasn’t enough, to me it’d been far more beneficial for them to do the same course 3 days on the trot over a filler course.

But one of the best things for me, and I think it should be for anyone who is completely anti it, anything that restricts the number of drivers can only have a positive impact on wages, supply and demand.

I’m the only driver of the only truck where I work with about 60 other people, a handful have a class 1, but non have a DCPC, that makes me more valuable, yes it not a mammoth task to get a DCPC for someone, but there hasn’t been time or the will at the moment. I know loads of people with a licence but no DCPC, they obviously don’t drive for a living, but they also can’t pick up odd shifts like they once would have done, that is a positive for people that do drive for a living.

So aside from the legal requirements of the nonsense DCPC, a foreigner who cannot speak English becomes professionally competent by sitting 35 hours of gibberish. That means that by not understanding a word
spoken he/she then becomes professionally competent according to the law. I’d love to hear someone defend that! The industry is swamped with foreign nationals many have a good command of the English language, many don’t.

I consider the ability previously to sit the same module multiple times was proof that it was all about sitting 35 hours “training” but substance meant nothing. Let’s be fair, if an individual has to sit the same module multiple times then I fail to see what has been achieved without a worthwhile exam.

To make people professionally competent is good, to sit 35 hours of a turn up & then you are good to go box ticking exercise is farcical.

A bit of leeway on hours i:e no infringement for exceeding WTD by seconds :cry:

yourhavingalarf:

Zac_A:

Speedy Duck:
Decriminalise drugs

Do alcoholics…

Not get duffed up then because their drug habit is socially acceptable?

Are you Iranian by any chance?

Looks like you haven’t spent any time up close and personal with smackheads, they’re a totally different kettle of fish to an alcoholic.

No not Iranian, (partly) Irish: I’ve got a lot of family still over there who’ve got their own ways of dealing with miscreants which generally guarantees an absence of recidivism.

PaddyTheLorryDriver:
A bit of leeway on hours i:e no infringement for exceeding WTD by seconds :cry:

They’re only ever an internal matter: there’s no documented evidence (at least none I have ever found) for anyone ever getting a FPN for a WTD infringement.

_JD:

Zac_A:

Speedy Duck:
Decriminalise drugs

stay away from the herb zachariah, it will make you see how you really are

Clearly someone needs to stay away from drugs.

stevieboy308:
I disagree with the new rule that you can’t repeat a module, yes it’s daft if someone does 5 winter driving module or one of the other filler type modules. But I was once on a drivers hours course, most of the other had little to no knowledge of drivers hours due to, new, returning or extremely occasional driving, 1 day wasn’t enough, to me it’d been far more beneficial

The DCPC guys at the place I deliver my ADR tell me that JAUPT/DVSA are amenable to a repetition of a driver’s hours / tachographs / WTD module, but the TP has to justify it in writing. But it’s only that one subject that passes muster, anything else gets knocked back.

Zac_A:
Looks like you haven’t spent any time up close and personal with smackheads, they’re a totally different kettle of fish to an alcoholic.

No not Iranian, (partly) Irish: I’ve got a lot of family still over there who’ve got their own ways of dealing with miscreants which generally guarantees an absence of recidivism.

Either…

Everyone gets a kicking or no one gets a kicking. Like it or not, what you’re saying is discriminatory.

If you find your back door ripped off it’s hinges and your flatscreen has gone missing, if the culprit is an alcoholic, you wouldn’t assault them? But if the perp was a heroin addict you would?

FYI, I’ve worked with reformed drug addicts, men with collapsed veins and nightmares every night.

I guess with regards to the cpc its good as someone says as a refresher however its down to the provider. I know there are certain criterea that have to be covered and course content but spending 1/2 an hour saying this is a ratchet strap…this is a chain etc etc is no good to man nor beast. its fine if you have used them before as many regular drivers have, but to a new driver or someone who has changed thier job it would be far better to have practical experience with the law clearly explained.

I would also change the wtd/ rtd to match the tacho rules rather than scrap it otherwise you will have people that dont actualy do much driving in thier shift not having to have a legal break. Far better imho to have it set to 4.5 hours for everything.

robbo99.:

stevieboy308:

So aside from the legal requirements of the nonsense DCPC, a foreigner who cannot speak English becomes professionally competent by sitting 35 hours of gibberish. That means that by not understanding a word
spoken he/she then becomes professionally competent according to the law. I’d love to hear someone defend that! The industry is swamped with foreign nationals many have a good command of the English language, many don’t.

I consider the ability previously to sit the same module multiple times was proof that it was all about sitting 35 hours “training” but substance meant nothing. Let’s be fair, if an individual has to sit the same module multiple times then I fail to see what has been achieved without a worthwhile exam.

To make people professionally competent is good, to sit 35 hours of a turn up & then you are good to go box ticking exercise is farcical.

Like I said at the beginning, I like the idea of a dcpc, but it could definitely be better.

If it were down to me it would be properly tested, not some Mickey mouse test, I’d have it that each trailer type you would need a module for it to be able to pull it.

Yes I agree it’s pretty much a box ticking exercise in it’s current form, but it could be some much better.