Laws - What would you change

Franglais:

WhiteTruckMan:
Speed limiters on tippers set to 50mph.

Only in reverse

Largely irrelevant given that most seem to have trouble telling their arse from their elbow.

WhiteTruckMan:

Franglais:

WhiteTruckMan:
Speed limiters on tippers set to 50mph.

Only in reverse

Largely irrelevant given that most seem to have trouble telling their arse from their elbow.

Given they never use mirrors to see where their arse might be…
I make you correct

Franglais:
Yep, the only way an empty argument will win!

Nah not letting that one go. :smiley:
You ain’t thought that one through Frangers…
Any type of argument is a contradictory process undertaken by two people verbally.
So if one is gagged it ain’t an argument as such is it.?
It’s one person talking and one listening, so the act of arguing does not occur…just saying, but forgive my pedantry anyway. :smiley:

My point was after what Luke said…‘I could not possibly comment/’‘I’m saying nowt’'. :laughing:

robroy:

Franglais:

Any type of argument is a contradictory process undertaken by two people verbally.
It’s one person talking and one listening, so the act of arguing does not occur…just saying, but forgive my pedantry anyway. :smiley:

My point was after what Luke said…‘I could not possibly comment/’‘I’m saying nowt’'. :laughing:

Yet you accepted the premise of an argument in an empty room?
Self contradiction.

Franglais:

robroy:

Franglais:

Yet you accepted the premise of an argument in an empty room?
Self contradiction.

A good point well made…Touche . :wink:
Anyhoo back to the beer.

robroy:
Anyhoo back to the beer.

Red wine,and an early bath here.
G`night

Franglais:

Happy Birthday! :stuck_out_tongue:

How about 2 person crews for irish registered trucks? One to drive, and the other to walk in front with a red flag…

Harry Monk:

Franglais:

Happy Birthday! :stuck_out_tongue:

Aye, another decade done!

Franglais:

robroy:
Anyhoo back to the beer.

G`night

Red wine whilst taking a bath… :sunglasses:
An intellectual sir.
I had you down as ‘Soaking in there with a jar of pickled eggs and a fork’ type man tbh. :laughing:

None of this 15 hour lark. I think 12 hours duty time per shift is enough.

Also, death by firing squad for:

1. Parking on pumps for 15 min break (reduced to 30 lashes if you actually fuelled up)
  2. Leaving engines running unnecessarily
  3. Not using earphones to watch Youtube videos on your phone in waiting rooms
  4. Taking more than 30 seconds to back on a bay
  5. Leaving rubbish in door pocket
  6. Smoking in lorry

30 lashes for:

1. Stowing the winding handle when dropping trailer
  2. Using front or rear foglights when it’s not foggy
  3. Leaving diesel on 3%

Macski:
If you could change the laws to do with driving what would you change?

So, there’s not a single change that we can all agree on?

Harry Monk:

Macski:
I would change the speede limiter laws, allow trucks to do 60, have the limiter set a bit higher, 70 maybe, 65? (I remember the tyimes before speed limiters fondly)

I too remember the times before speed limiters, although not quite as fondly. I remember being pressurised into driving at speeds which I felt were unsafe, knowing that if it all went ■■■■-up it would be me in Pentonville while the boss sat in his five-bedroomed detached house writing “get another driver” on his “to-do” list.

If you worked in a sausage factory and there was a sign on the wall saying “Only make 56 sausages an hour”, then why would you want to make 70?

I was never pressured! My second job was from Knowsly to Bellshill, used to be one of five truck that used to go every night. If we got delayed loading we would come back directly maybe stopping for 30 min or so, if we were turned round quickly we pulled into Carslie truck stop for 2 or 3 hours. There was no cab phones, GPS so no one could track us.

It was just easier, more pleasant driving at 60, there was power to get passed quicker and to go up hill.

I remeber driving my first speed limited truck, took ages as it ran out of steam on hills and coming back from Scotland I came across a stupid driver in a Metro who matched my speed every single time I went to over take her, eventually pulled into a service area and took a break. As I passed the next service area guerss what pulled out in front off me?

Did you break the hours laws too?

Here’s another old ■■■■ that’d go back to the twelve and half hour spread. You need less hours, not more.

anyone convicted of hit n run, death by dangerous driving, fraud etc to be beaten at the back of the court to within an inch of their lives.

the nodding donkey:
What this recurring discussion highlights, yet again, is the fallacy of trying to get a “one size fits all” solution, to an industry with such wildly varying practices.

Spot on, that’s the whole argument there, in a nutshell: this is why we have the “complicated” rules, to try to find solutions that work across the board.

stu675:

Macski:

Not in a million years: put any two drivers together and you’ll get three opinions.

As Rob has said, and I can’t disagree, “Drivers are their own worst enemies”
Trucknet should make it the forum motto, we could even make it fancy by translating it into latin
Plaustra exactorii sunt sui pessimi hostibus

There you go Diesel Dave, does that Google-assisted translation pass muster? :laughing:

Zac_A:

stu675:

Macski:

Not in a million years: put any two drivers together and you’ll get three opinions.

As Rob has said, and I can’t disagree, “Drivers are their own worst enemies”
Trucknet should make it the forum motto, we could even make it fancy by translating it into latin
Plaustra exactorii sunt sui pessimi hostibus

There you go Diesel Dave, does that Google-assisted translation pass muster? :laughing:

You are just showing off now, I thought I was quite flash on here using my
‘Del Boy French’ from time to time. :laughing:

yesterday two at discursive-ego loggerheads, today two sucking each other’s ■■■■, this is a dynamic thread indeed, got to love it.

I vote for Harry Monk and peterm views

robroy:
You are just showing off now, I thought I was quite flash on here using my
‘Del Boy French’ from time to time. :laughing:

Merely showing off my ability to use Google translate with a little help from Wikipedia :laughing: