Lawless Truckers

Did anyone watch the documentary about lawless truckers in North America.If you think things are bad in the trucking industry here ,have a look at Canada and the USA.Trucking in North America is looked upon as a last resort job for criminals and the mentally challenged.Evidence points to truckers as being responsible for over 2,000 murders a year.Drivers are forced to work to the point of exhaustion to make a very poor living.In Canada it is quite legal to work 84 hours a week,52 weeks a year.Many drivers only see their home two days a month.Some drivers have no home and simply spend their life in a truck.Many drivers ,particularly in Canada where there are no facilities for drivers,use drugs to stop themselves from falling asleep.A study by UCLA in the USA found that certain jobs attract the most undesirable type of individual.Trucking was found to be a haven for schizophrenics ,the paranoid and delusional .So when you are driving along in your truck spare a thought for those poor ■■■■■■■■ in Canada and the USA that are working long,long hours for peanuts,living in truck stops for month after month and shunned by society.Even if you are driving a truck in the UK know you have it so much better than the poor Americans.

Robbie,
I’ve moved your topic to a more appropriate forum.
Your beef seems to be with ex-pats and Canada, so we’ll keep your topic where it can be constructively discussed by those with appropriate knowledge. dd.

Robbbieeee get a grip on reality stop with all the BS, In North America trucking is responsible for less than 4% of all traffic accidents. I can show you those stats as well if you like. You post on one forum get blasted by everyone there so you move to another, well MM doesn’t work. Your facts are baseless your problem with North America is that you were a failure here, get over it. You didn’t check thing out before that makes you stupid not everyone else, got stuck working for peanuts driving regional should have paid more attention to what you were doing I guess. I can get out a story done by journalists that say the exact opposite to what your show claims backed by DOT and MOT data. Just like we proved all your “facts” wrong on the other forum. Rag journalism by some second rate producer does not make something fact. Buy I guess you spend alot of your time reading the Inquirer and rags like that. I suppose you believe in spacemen visiting us and the governments of the world covering that up too.

Brentanna:
Robbbieeee get a grip on reality stop with all the BS, In North America trucking is responsible for less than 4% of all traffic accidents. I can show you those stats as well if you like. You post on one forum get blasted by everyone there so you move to another, well MM doesn’t work. Your facts are baseless your problem with North America is that you were a failure here, get over it. You didn’t check thing out before that makes you stupid not everyone else, got stuck working for peanuts driving regional should have paid more attention to what you were doing I guess. I can get out a story done by journalists that say the exact opposite to what your show claims backed by DOT and MOT data. Just like we proved all your “facts” wrong on the other forum. Rag journalism by some second rate producer does not make something fact. Buy I guess you spend alot of your time reading the Inquirer and rags like that. I suppose you believe in spacemen visiting us and the governments of the world covering that up too.

You poor thing.You can’t argue the message so instead try insulting the messenger.I didn’t think they allowed that on here.Luckily just about everyone realises that only the mentally challenged stoop to that level.Enough said about your kind.

robbie,

Many people are unsure of life abroad, so they read the ex-pats forum and post questions to those with the relevant experiences in order to at least get a handle on what’s what.

As far as I can tell, and I’m always prepared to be wrong, you’ve yet to say who you worked for, the type of work you did, how long you worked for them and what your genuine experience of the Canadian trucking industry actually was. (Without third party statistics.)

Folks can post what statistics they like, and there’ll always be yet more statistics to counter them because folks tend to be selective and post stuff that suits their purpose. BTW, that applies to everybody, not just you.

You see robbie, I’m looking at this from a neutral standpoint and I’m seeing that there’s no way for the readers to properly evaluate the sometimes vitriolic info you’re giving out, so I’m wondering whether you can help the readers with some first-hand experiences of your own please?

+The show was very bias the one with the police chasing the truck was a stolen truck near L.A. Like I said I can disprove almost everything on the show and your rants on here. You are a mental midget and that’s a fact, so much data to support that one would hold up in front of any magistrate. Like I said get some real data and lets discuss it relying on bias TV “documentary” journalism shows demonstrates your general lack of the ability to reason and find accurate data. I have the accident data for the past 20 years right here in front of me for the US and Canada. For your information most trucking companies wont hire without criminal background check before they will even look at you application. Can not cross the border with any criminal conviction, that includes drunk driving, or driving while impaired. You do know that here it is driving while impaired if you get pulled over and you have a general lack of sleep. Automatic out of service for being even 15 minutes out on your log books. I just wrote the DOT enforcement exams a week ago waiting to see how I did. :smiley: Not much you can come up with that I cannot find accurate data on. Keep it up you give me something to do whie I am bedridden with the flu.

You probably have fair points with your data, and I’m not commenting on that, but you’re doing yourself no favours with the petty name calling.

Robbie’s posts are fair game for you to knock and comment upon entirely as you wish, but let’s leave out the personal stuff please.

ok personal stuff out so I cant call him a Midget. Can I ask him to get an IQ test ?

dieseldave:
robbie,

Many people are unsure of life abroad, so they read the ex-pats forum and post questions to those with the relevant experiences in order to at least get a handle on what’s what.

As far as I can tell, and I’m always prepared to be wrong, you’ve yet to say who you worked for, the type of work you did, how long you worked for them and what your genuine experience of the Canadian trucking industry actually was. (Without third party statistics.)

Folks can post what statistics they like, and there’ll always be yet more statistics to counter them because folks tend to be selective and post stuff that suits their purpose. BTW, that applies to everybody, not just you.

You see robbie, I’m looking at this from a neutral standpoint and I’m seeing that there’s no way for the readers to properly evaluate the sometimes vitriolic info you’re giving out, so I’m wondering whether you can help the readers with some first-hand experiences of your own please?

No problem Diesel Dave.Eight years of hauling tankers loaded with 42,000 litres of liquid oxygen in Canada.From Ontario to Alberta and some runs into the USA.Filling everything from hospital tanks to industrial tanks.Just in case Brentanna claims I am lying let me say the most important thing to remember in handling liquid oxygen when pumping it off is to watch the containment vessel pressure.Load from the bottom and pressure builds up fast.Give it a bit from the top loader and it is cooled down so that gas and pressure does not build up.Liquid Oxygen has a very light blue colour.In that time I also hauled B trains of carbon dioxide with 62,000 litres of CO2.The tanker pressure ran at 220 PSI .This stuff was used in mine sites to control water acidity.It meant driving on the very nasty roads in very large mines.Four years hauling cars delivering Toyotas .Nine or ten on a car hauler.Various dealerships in Ontario.Other than that your usual assortment of trucking jobs.53ft vans,flatdecks,reefers.I have plenty of experience in Canada and the USA driving trucks.Never had an accident or a ticket even.Guys like Brentanna I would run across every so often in truck stops.You would hear them a mile away going on about how bad things were in the UK and how they have so much in Canada.I speak from experience when I say that the trucking industry in Canada is in a crisis.They are so short of drivers they come to the UK.Why?Because the jobs are so bad in Canada no one wants them That is so obvious.The average age of a truck driver in Canada is 57!!None of the younger crowd want these jobs.Is it any wonder .These drivers have no life.Rarely see their family and when you divide pay by hours their wages are pitiful.I am trying to perform a public service here.If I can stop one person being taken in by the delusions of the brentannas of Canada it is worth listening to their juvenile responses.I only stayed in Canada due to family commitments.I am so glad to be back in the UK I cant stop smiling!That’s all.

robbbie:
No problem Diesel Dave.Eight years of hauling tankers loaded with 42,000 litres of liquid oxygen in Canada.From Ontario to Alberta and some runs into the USA.Filling everything from hospital tanks to industrial tanks.Just in case Brentanna claims I am lying let me say the most important thing to remember in handling liquid oxygen when pumping it off is to watch the containment vessel pressure.Load from the bottom and pressure builds up fast.Give it a bit from the top loader and it is cooled down so that gas and pressure does not build up.Liquid Oxygen has a very light blue colour.In that time I also hauled B trains of carbon dioxide with 62,000 litres of CO2.The tanker pressure ran at 220 PSI .This stuff was used in mine sites to control water acidity.It meant driving on the very nasty roads in very large mines.Four years hauling cars delivering Toyotas .Nine or ten on a car hauler.Various dealerships in Ontario.Other than that your usual assortment of trucking jobs.53ft vans,flatdecks,reefers.I have plenty of experience in Canada and the USA driving trucks.Never had an accident or a ticket even.Guys like Brentanna I would run across every so often in truck stops.You would hear them a mile away going on about how bad things were in the UK and how they have so much in Canada.I speak from experience when I say that the trucking industry in Canada is in a crisis.They are so short of drivers they come to the UK.Why?Because the jobs are so bad in Canada no one wants them That is so obvious.The average age of a truck driver in Canada is 57!!None of the younger crowd want these jobs.Is it any wonder .These drivers have no life.Rarely see their family and when you divide pay by hours their wages are pitiful.I am trying to perform a public service here.If I can stop one person being taken in by the delusions of the brentannas of Canada it is worth listening to their juvenile responses.I only stayed in Canada due to family commitments.I am so glad to be back in the UK I cant stop smiling!That’s all.

Robbbie, an informative post, did you learn all that in Canada and the USA, if so I imagine that is something to be proud of. Diesel Dave is the gas-man in here. I only dabbled in it, not enough to mention. Your average age of 57 is probably close to the UK average too. I emigrated abroad, it didn’t work out and I returned home. I don’t see the point of putting everyone else off because it didn’t suit you sir.

I am interested in anything that is not the norm, so carry on posting your experiences, let the others make the silly mistakes I am sure you made when you arrived. Help them avoid the major ones if you can.

These forums always get a decent run on a thread with lots of interest, than become spoiled or locked through idiots. Post your information. The very informative and interesting Astran thread picked up a few loonies along the way, but the ones who had done the job, soon sorted out the pretenders.

I have never driven in India, but I am still interested in it. I have only driven cars and minivans in the USA and still love the place, for holidays. I am too old and ugly to go and live there, even if I could

I have only driven cars and minivans in the USA and still love the place, for holidays. I am too old and ugly to go and live there, even if I could

Nonesense Malc, I am the poster boy for old and ugly…I like it here :sunglasses:

robbbie:

dieseldave:
robbie,

So the boy rrrooobbbbbbiiee was hauling cryogenics,interesting because I spent 3 years doing the same thing,maybe we worked for the same company,or did he drive for Air Liquide.Why was he driving from Ontario to Alberta with the stuff?There are manufacturing plants in Winnipeg,Regina,Fort Saskatchewan and Red Deer,some Oxygen is taken from Thunder Bay into the Peg.
If the boy RRooobbbbiiieee really did this for a job,I would like to know why he is so bitter and twisted about driving over here ? Probably one the best paid driving jobs in Canada.Question for the boy,Liquid Oxygen is held stable at approximately minus 192 degrees C,it it was allowed to warm up and turn back into a gas,by how many times would the volume expand ? One more,what it the maximum pressure allowed in a trailer while driving ?

Guys like Brentanna I would run across every so often in truck stops.You would hear them a mile away going on about how bad things were in the UK and how they have so much in Canada.

Once an MM always an MM
I never hauled pressurized, but did do 73,000 lts of Jet A about 10 times a day. Not something eveyone is allowed when working inches from aircraft. Yes a A320 will take that much fuel on trans atlantic

All I can say is…
Prove it. I think your posts are dishonest, misleading and bitter. I also think your posts are demonstrative of a disturbed mind.

If you “put up” with the appalling conditions for 8 years then tell us why you went back. If, as FTTM says, there are plants in Winnipeg then was it only your supreme skill that meant the loads came from Ontario?

Now, quiz time. Which route did you use from Ontario? Be precise, mind. And where in Alberta did you go?

You see, and I am going to put this in big letters for you…

62000 litres of liquid oxygen is over 69 tonnes!!

So if you say the super B was taring at 22 tonnes then you were grossing ove 90 tonnes. The legal max gross is 62.5 tonnes.

42000 litres of Liquid oxygen is almost 47 tonnes… The legal max gross on a triaxle is 46500…

You posts are not honest, not constructive, and I think that you should be removed from this forum.

Thanks Rob saves me from doing the math on that.
Now watch him question my 73,000 of Jet A I was working at WRA the road there is federal/military no weight limits Loaded right at the Airport to get there you go past Bisons yard turn right and you are at the load gates. Pauls hauling does the transport to the airport about 20 superBs per day. Go in that area without the proper clearence, well lets just say the Avion security guys dont like that much.

Stupid thing is, had he done the math himself he would have realised it and not made himself look so very stupid. Of course, he will come back with some nonsense about how he meant he was grossing at 62 tonnes, but we will know it is not true.

OK, so 73000 litres of kerosene is about 60 tonnes… Bet those Macks grunted a bit at that weight… :laughing:

Yup they didnt jump into action for sure. Funny thing we were burning JetA in the truck too, only difference is the injectors. Actually had the main 3" feed line break on me when I was loading a Air Canada E90 dropped about 300 lts on the tarmack before I was able to get the valve closed and I was 30 ft away when it happened. Lucky I am small most of the guys wouldnt have fit under to close it.

Not good then… One thing, at least it wasn’t a hot liquid… When a delivery hose pops with a hot liquid the valves are fun to reach…

Bet they were delighted at 300 litres bubbling up the tarmac… :laughing:

The tarmac at the terminal is cement so no damage there, but the 3oo liters of JetA that close to the terminal, and a lineup of aircraft. I started containment and one of the guys from out office brought out the spill trailer, so we were able to get booms around it and start spreading absorbent. Fire crews came and took over cleaned up the rest. That was before the hydrant system they have now. They were building the new terminal back then.
If you are ever out to the airport there is a 14" main line feeding 6" lines under the new tarmac. They dont even use fuel trucks anymore just pickups with pumps hook right to the header. They guys there dont have to load, check, clarity, nothing. That was the most fun, standing on top the tanker at 40 below loading 73,000 liters. They may still use the fuel island for the cargo’s and military though.
There was one guy there he was 4ft nothing, my sister came to see me at work when she came in on Wjet. I am 6’1" my sister is 6’3" I met her in the lounge and had this guy along. Started talking and walking he stopped to ask if we wanted Tim’s I almost walked right over him, all I said is sorry didnt see you. My sister pipes up you are like a little toy dog and we cracked up couldnt stop laughing. My dad is the shortest one in our family he’s 5’11".

bobthedog:
All I can say is…
Prove it. I think your posts are dishonest, misleading and bitter. I also think your posts are demonstrative of a disturbed mind.

If you “put up” with the appalling conditions for 8 years then tell us why you went back. If, as FTTM says, there are plants in Winnipeg then was it only your supreme skill that meant the loads came from Ontario?

Now, quiz time. Which route did you use from Ontario? Be precise, mind. And where in Alberta did you go?

You see, and I am going to put this in big letters for you…

62000 litres of liquid oxygen is over 69 tonnes!!
You are quite right bobthepoodle.I simply put on there the liquid capacity of the trailers.All tanker trailers use the liquid capacity(water) of a trailer to measure it’s volume.When loading cryogenics it is all computerised.Weght is what’s important.On a tri axle we would load to about 100,000 lbs.A little more for Argon.B trains to about 138,000 lbs.Yes there is a loading facility in Thunder Bay.The runs to Alberta (Edmonton) were quite rare ,so what.The bursting disc on oxygen,nitrogen and argon would go at about 55 PSI.Running down the road trailer pressure would be anywhere from 15 to about 25 PSI.It was a well paid job.About the same as hauling cars.The two best paying trucking jobs in Canada.However don’t suggest that someone moving to Canada is going to get a job like that.It also depends on who you work for.Praxair was the best paying.Air Liquide was next.Air Products next.Air Products was not very good although still a lot better than most Canadian trucking jobs.So simply put poodle you know not of what you speak!
I will say it again and again.Stop painting a rosy picture of life driving a truck in Canada.The figures do not back you up.$14 an hour is pitiful.The lifestyle,if you can call it that is disgusting.I will say it again.Why do you think these companies come here looking for drivers.I will put it in Capitals for you NO ONE WANTS THE JOB . Why are you so intent on misleading people into moving to a wasteland like Canada. If someone is going to move in that direction then go to the states.A much nicer country and friendly people ,unlike Canada.

The runs to Alberta (Edmonton) were quite rare ,so what

ummmm so it was regional hauling, mostly Ont,
next question how long ago was that?
see now we are getting somewhere,