Law from jan 09

ok just wondering what the deal is, as ive heard that from jan 09 any non british vehicles cant stay in uk to re-load or somthing like that,and any companys that do wish to have to aquire uk plated vehicles, so as i work for VOS LOGISTICS based at jed but run from home how is that going to affect me, bit worried that my job may be in trouble.

so can anyone shed any light on it etc

I thought I read somewhere the rules are being relaxed not tightened up. :confused:

DAFMAD:
I thought I read somewhere the rules are being relaxed not tightened up. :confused:

Thats what I understood too.
Something to do with Cabotage rules being relaxed.

My understanding was that foreign companies will be allowed to do runs in the UK on a regular and contractual basis which isn’t currently allowed, therefore relaxing the rules not tightening them.

I could be wrong though :confused:

oh right, thats what i thought 1st, someone must of got there wires crossed,thought it was somthing to do with still having some of our motors uk based etc,and not having to go over water as often prob, but if so that means i will be ok,

every 3rd trip or something has to be to/from home country. HSF have registered all their Blakenham trucks in the UK for that reason