Law apply to lorry drivers only?

Not quite in Jays league, recently delivering to Hillsboro barracks (double yellows no disabled parking or un/loading etc), some ■■■■ in an Audi managed to park on the service road in such a way that I had to shunt to get round him, I had to then stop to open the gates, and Mr ■■■■ comes round the corner, a big lad he was, as it happened I’d stopped about 3 inches alongside his drivers door, I thought I’m gonna have some fun, He waved his arms like saying you gonna move or what, I lit a ■■■ and said “soz mate I can’t move it I’m on a 45 minute tacho break” :smiling_imp: his face was a bloody picture :smiley: , I could hardly contain myself watching him struggle getting in from the passenger side, then his 15 shunts or so to turn round, as he was doing his manouvers I opened gates jumped in cab and drove into the service yard, I’m sure as I was shutting gates behind me he was writing my truck details down :laughing: , never heard a thing though. I’m not usually so bloody petty, but there was absolutely no need for him to park as if he’d abandoned his car, maybe he’ll think twice in future, in hindsight though I think he’ll hate every trucker out there :cry: .

Orys - you should make a complaint to the cops - just copy/paste what you have written in your post here and make a few changes and batter it off to them. It might well go nowhere, but the more of them they recieve, the more likely they are to act. All civil service type organisations are now run on bloddy league tables - so make sure your complaint shows up and affects them.

mincecfc:
Orys - you should make a complaint to the cops - just copy/paste what you have written in your post here and make a few changes and batter it off to them. It might well go nowhere, but the more of them they recieve, the more likely they are to act. All civil service type organisations are now run on bloddy league tables - so make sure your complaint shows up and affects them.

The only problem with complaining to the police is not that many people see it. So u need to let as many people know as possible, local/national newspaper that likes to have a dig at the authorites, maybe the local MP to tell him that the cops should be a bit more helpful and not threatening. Just a thought.

orys:
… that deliver was first delivery to the new established shop.

Start as you mean to go on.

“Can’t deliver if the loading bay is blocked. You’ll have to get these cars moved”.

It’ll sink in - eventually!

Stan

After doing a delivery up Covent Garden I came out to find some bell-end had parked right on the corner making it impossible for me to get out. There was aguy standing on the pavement taking a lot of interest so I asked him if it was his or anyone he knew. When he said no I put the front bumper onto the back of the car and pushed it up the road. You should have seen his face! When I got back I told the gaffer and he rolled up!

faulkner:

mincecfc:

The only problem with complaining to the police is not that many people see it. So u need to let as many people know as possible, local/national newspaper that likes to have a dig at the authorites, maybe the local MP to tell him that the cops should be a bit more helpful and not threatening. Just a thought.

Mincecfc re read the post, police don’t deal with parked cars anymore the council do. however right or wrong that is.

Faulkner do you really think the local rag would be intrested in the fact that a copper threatened to ticket a truck for blocking the rod and didn’t ticket parked cars in a loading bay because its no longer his job■■?

Stanley Knife:

orys:
… that deliver was first delivery to the new established shop.

Start as you mean to go on.

“Can’t deliver if the loading bay is blocked. You’ll have to get these cars moved”.

It’ll sink in - eventually!

Stan

OK, but how I can blame shopkeeper for some cars which not belongs to him?

Greg:

faulkner:

mincecfc:

Mincecfc re read the post, police don’t deal with parked cars anymore the council do. however right or wrong that is.

Faulkner do you really think the local rag would be intrested in the fact that a copper threatened to ticket a truck for blocking the rod and didn’t ticket parked cars in a loading bay because its no longer his job■■?

Fair enough. Like I said was just a though. But then isn’t that the problem with todays society, the police having their jobs removed from them to be done by people who can’t be bothered to do it. I think it’s unfortunate that the roll of the police office has changed so much. Not much they can do though sat behind a desk doing paper work. (Not their fault tho)

faulkner:

Greg:

faulkner:

mincecfc:

Fair enough. Like I said was just a though. But then isn’t that the problem with todays society, the police having their jobs removed from them to be done by people who can’t be bothered to do it. I think it’s unfortunate that the roll of the police office has changed so much. Not much they can do though sat behind a desk doing paper work. (Not their fault tho)

Totally agree would much rather see them out and about instead of all the wannabees on a power trip

Miaow :sunglasses:

Not directed at your employment highway man just the traffic wardens, council enforcement officers…

orys:

Because it’s his goods you’re delivering to his shop via his loading bay!

Stan

Greg:
Not directed at your employment highway man just the traffic wardens, council enforcement officers…

That’s ok then. I was considering doing that job when I was out of work, put a crust on the table feed my kids etc, then this job came up :sunglasses:

Stanley Knife:

orys:

Because it’s his goods you’re delivering to his shop via his loading bay!

Stan

It’s not his loading bay and it not his cars…