Law about wearing glasses

Is it the law in th UK that if you wear glasses you must always have a spare pair in the cab?

Never heard that one before. Seems that Spain is one country that enforces this rule though. Think in the UK it’s just advised. Probably incase you drop them and they get trodden on or whatever and you’re however-many-hundred miles away from home

Most EU countries have that rule.

motorbikeman:
Is it the law in th UK that if you wear glasses you must always have a spare pair in the cab?

No, but if you can’t legally drive without glasses it makes sense to carry a spare pair.

Thank you, I am new to wearing glasses and waiting for my second pair to be made but was told by work mates that if you get stopped by VOSA and not got a second pair then you cant get done!!! Never heard it before mind !

Ive never heard of it as a legal requirement. The only thing is that if you need glasses to drive then you must wear them.
It would make sense to carry a spare pair.

tachograph:

motorbikeman:

No, but if you can’t legally drive without glasses it makes sense to carry a spare pair.

This is correct, it’s an offence to drive with defective eyesight

motorbikeman:

I have to wear glasses failed my second medical at 21 although the one at 18 my eyesight was fine. It stands to reason though that if you legally cannot drive without glasses and they fall off your head and smash 100 miles from your base your pretty knackered. I get a check up every 18 months and this year in specsavers they had sunglasses in there bogof deal last year I priced up a pair at 450 quid and that was cheap!. So I know have prescription sunglasses(tommy hilfigers if I’m gonna look a ■■■■ ill look a good ■■■■■■■■ and a pair off normal glasses with the anti glare coating well worth it as well. My old pair I keep in the cab with the sunglasses. I would seriously suggest prescription Sunnys though there the best thing I’ve ever splashed out on they make a real difference and you may get a decent deal now were heading for winter.

m1cks:
Ive never heard of it as a legal requirement. The only thing is that if you need glasses to drive then you must wear them.
It would make sense to carry a spare pair.

If your driving licence has a code 01 next to the class of vehicle you are driving, you must be wearing glasses. If you get a pull or a producer they mark on it if you were wearing glasses at the time of any offence.

DVLA made a ■■■■ up with my licence and put me down for all classes, so I even have to wear them on a motorcycle. At my next medical this should be rectified

Wheel Nut:
DVLA made a ■■■■ up with my licence and put me down for all classes, so I even have to wear them on a motorcycle. At my next medical this should be rectified

This seems to be standard procedure, I have to wear glasses to drive a truck in order to read the fourth line on the Snellen chart but I can read a car number plate at 75’ so I satisfy the requirement for driving a car without glasses, however I’ve still had the 01 restriction placed on all classes.