*** Latest NEWS ****** French Drivers Strike

Hi everyone,

Just got this on the “Les Routiers” website (French trucking mag)

An agreement has finally been reached between the Transport Federation and 5 of the unions, on the increase of 4% on salaries and a further 3% on night out allowances.
The bosses associations will not oppose the increases.

The planned strike due to begin on Sunday 13th has now been called OFF :slight_smile: :smiley:

There is a chance though, as a very small minority of workers and bosses still aren’t to happy, that some will still let their feelings be known. But good news all round I think.

saw that earlier from the RHA, good news anyway. I can’t help wondering though, when France’s derogation on EU migrant workers comes to an end, how many bosses will be looking for non union Eastern European drivers?

But on our local news they are saying the farmers might protest about the price of milk again on Monday.

kerbut:
But on our local news they are saying the farmers might protest about the price of milk again on Monday.

Heard that too, they were going to join in with the transport drivers next week, but now that’s off, they’re going it alone.

kerbut:

will the police mooooooove them on? :laughing:

i’ll get me coat.

jj72:
saw that earlier from the RHA, good news anyway. I can’t help wondering though, when France’s derogation on EU migrant workers comes to an end, how many bosses will be looking for non union Eastern European drivers?

Not many I imagine as the Frogs have shown many times over the years they’re prepared to fight for what they want unlike Maggies Mortgage Muppets…