Latest news and offers from Peter Smythe Transport Training

Wow i still can’t believe that i won :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thank you very much Pete, all the best to everyone at Peter Smythe Transport training and I will see you in January.

Best wishes to all the drivers and wannabees. Keep this forum going - it is very helpful indeed.

Good luck and stay safe.

Christmas has come early for you Wyvern, all that for £200! Congrats.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Morning/Afternoon.

Was just wondering if this offer is still available and what cost would be with MOD 4 aswell ? And also how much is pass protection ? I have deposit in bank waiting. Also I haven’t got my theory yet but I want to put the deposit down just to make sure the offer doesn’t go. Sorry for the multiple questions.

Thanks for a reply

Was just wondering if this offer is still available and what cost would be with MOD 4 aswell ? And also how much is pass protection ?

CAT C 1400.00
MOD 4 300.00
P/Prot 300.00

Total £2,000.

£200 deposit to secure dates (theory tests need to be passed first)

£800 2 weeks before start of training

£100 per month for 10 months following completion of training.

Hope this helps,

Happy New Year, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hey Pete is there any offer currently going? Interested in Cat C residential course

No extra special offer at the moment. £1260 fully inclusive for CAT C. If you’re not in a rush, I suggest you hang fire for the Open Day Sat 26th Jan. The offers are publicised the evening before and can be booked on the phone until close of play on Monday 28th.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Will be keeping a close eye on this thread. Have had Class 2 (C) for 17 years & never really had a need for C+E but something nagging the back of my mind to do it. Could find work easy enough so that not an issue,

IFI do it will be with yourself. 1:1 is the main attraction & I dont mind travelling.

Will keep a close eye on your offers :wink:

Hi Pete

What does C+E training and test cost ? Would need to be residential as well

What does the pass protection cost and what does it give you

What does C+E training and test cost ? Would need to be residential as well

With Trucknet discount, CE is £1395 fully inclusive. No charge for residential. Your choice of weekend/weekday training. Also your choice of drawbar (wagon and drag) or full size artic.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

thanks Pete , which is best wagon and drag or arctic? does any have benefits over the other ?

which is best wagon and drag or arctic? does any have benefits over the other ?

This discussion has been known to get a life of it’s own! It really is down to you. W+D is easier on the forward drive but a little more tricky to couple up. Artic is what you’re most likely to end up driving.

With us, you could take the “easier” option of w+d followed by the conversion course onto artic. This gives you the more relaxed method of passing the test and also a good insight into driving and reversing an artic. But many folks prefer to “grasp the nettle” and train on artic straight away.

So all that’s about as handy as a chocolate fire guard!

As said, choice is yours.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

bamberg:
thanks Pete , which is best wagon and drag or arctic? does any have benefits over the other ?

As Pete has said it is a can of worms a bit like should you learn in an auto or manual. People will have opinions or suggest one is better than other.

As for W+D or Artic then In my opinion go for Artic as that is most likely what you will be driving, unless I was specifically working for somewhere I was likely to end up driving W+D I would always choose artic.

Personal preference really as you can do either.

you can do either.

To be clear, the licence entitlement is identical no matter which option you choose.

Sorry to take the thread a bit off topic, but out of interest, can you do the C+ E in an A frame drawbar set up?
Be a “proper” driver then eh :laughing:

RB84:
… can you do the C+ E in an A frame drawbar set up?

YES

Thanks ROG.
Only had a go years back with a farm trailer + tractor with one, does take some getting used to in reverse.

Hi Pete,
Do we need to register for the open day or just turn up?
Am interested in Class 1 residential. (Will be April / May time)

Do we need to register for the open day or just turn up?

Just turn up. Sat 26th January 0900 - 1430. Have a go at reversing an artic, meet some of the team, have a look around the centre and the facilities. And free tea/coffee and there’s normally cake!

Hope to see you then,

Our next Open Day is Saturday 26th January from 0900 - 1430. Come and try your hand at reversing an artic. Always free tea and coffee and cake if you’re quick enough!

It’s not unusual to have an offer or two for the Open Day. This will be publicised the evening before and will be available to purchase until close of business Monday 28th. This is so that those who cant make it on the day don’t miss out.

Hope to see you there. NG17 3FW

Can’t make the day but I can’t wait to see what C+E offers your going to put on

I know where I’m going for my next training :smiley: