Latest news and offers from Peter Smythe Transport Training

Helen is joining our training team at the beginning of April having recently qualified in the following classes: BE, C and D onto the NVDIR instructor register. Helen has carried out her instructor training over the last 12 months on a part time basis and has impressed her mentors and candidates alike. (Part of the instructor training has been to conduct courses with “live candidates” under supervision from our in-house trainer.) Although Helen holds a CE licence we have yet to have the time to carry out further instructor training to the levels we require.

Our previous experience with a female instructor has been very positive. I’m sure Helen will produce the same high pass rate we demand from all our trainers and will enjoy a long career.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Do you have trucks with 3 seats :question:

How many trucks (with 3 seats) would you like haha!

Seriously, yes, plenty of them.

Do you have an email newsletter to let people/future users know about you?

No, we don’t. (Maybe we should?). But we have an active FB page and constantly on Trucknet together with our own website of course.

Yes, our next Open Day is approaching - Saturday 28th April from 0900 till early afternoon. NG17 3FW

Anyone (aged 18+) can try their hand at reversing a full size artic, a rigid or a bus. Plenty of training staff will be on hand to answer questions and will be happy to show you around.

It’s all free - there may even be cake! I believe there’s a hot dog/burger trailer coming as well (not free).

Look forward to seeing you there!

Are you also at Truckfest the following weekend :question:

Not officially. But may well go for a wander round.

Yes, 10 years since we opened the very first private driving test centre in the UK.

To mark the occasion, any Trucknetter paying their deposit during April will get their driving test fee paid by us. So, to be clear, a CAT C full course (including accommodation if you’re more than 70 miles from NG17 3FW will cost you £1156.50. This is fully inclusive of VAT, test fee, test at our private centre, 1:1 tuition with a fully qualified, trained and NVDIR registered instructor - and accommodation as above.

The equivalent for CE is £1291.50.

New bookings only.
Must have deposit paid by 27th April 2018
Training can be taken any time during 2018

Don’t miss this one!

Happy Anniversary, Pete :laughing: :laughing: (btw, it’s 33 years for the school as a whole - 10 years just for the test centre)

Hi how much is the deposit needed?

Sorry, missed that. It’s £200 with the balance due 14 days before start of training. Nothing stopping anyone wanting to go from car to CE (Class One) paying 2 deposits provided all the training is completed this year. That way, the bargain works twice.

Hope this helps. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Great. Just one more question which is probably completely obvious but does the course include the cpc or is that on top.

cpc is extra. Mod 4 is £225 with Trucknet discount.

Hi Peter, I’m looking to take my training with you, for C+E…

Is that the the full price of the C+E training + test (£1291.50.)

If thats correct im looking to phone up and book it this week so hopefully i will be eligible for this offer?

Also, how much would the retest cost if i failed,

Thanks!

I’m looking to take my training with you, for C+E…

Yes, that is correct provided the deposit is paid by 27th April.

In the unfortunate event that a retest is needed, it’s £300 minus 10% Trucknet discount - £270.

Pass Protection is available at £300. This covers you for up to 3 tests.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

I’m looking to take my training with you, for C+E…

Yes, that is correct provided the deposit is paid by 27th April.

In the unfortunate event that a retest is needed, it’s £300 minus 10% Trucknet discount - £270.

Pass Protection is available at £300. This covers you for up to 3 tests.

Hope this helps, Pete [emoji38] [emoji38]

That’s brilliant Peter thanks for the quick reply, I’ve got a couple of questions, it says on your website that you do a Saturday and Sunday with a test on Monday, is this training comparable to the weekdays training, I will be coming from 80 mile away see, also does this training add anything towards currant CPC in terms of training days, thanks again Pete, I’ll be phoning up Monday to book this. Do I need to quote truckknet username on the phone.

Thanks. Mike

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The weekend training comprises the same number of hours as weekday training but the sessions are obviously longer.

80 miles entitles you to free accommodation.

Either way, the course is eligible for driver cpc hours.

Please quote your Trucknet name when calling; the discounts are unique to Trucknet users.

Peter Smythe:
The weekend training comprises the same number of hours as weekday training but the sessions are obviously longer.

80 miles entitles you to free accommodation.

Either way, the course is eligible for driver cpc hours.

Please quote your Trucknet name when calling; the discounts are unique to Trucknet users.

Hope this helps, Pete [emoji38] [emoji38]

Thanks Pete, I look forward to booking Monday! [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hi Peter,

I’m getting made redundant from my current job in a few weeks so I’m looking at doing this with my payout.

I have just completed my cpc (for my cat D) for another 5 years, do I still have to do the cpc test to get my cat C?

It also says on my maps that I’m 71 miles away by road, or is it as the crow flies? :blush:

Cheers

Martyn

I have just completed my cpc (for my cat D) for another 5 years, do I still have to do the cpc test to get my cat C?

You will need to complete Mod 2 (case studies) and Mod 4 (practical demonstration test) to achieve your cpc for goods unless you hold C1 on grandfather rights (passed car test before 1997) in which case it should show both C and D on your driver qualification card.

Mileages are worked on actual road miles and 71 exceeds 70. So go round a couple of roundabouts en route and you’re well sorted haha!