Latest news and offers from Peter Smythe Transport Training

I’m not getting involved in this one haha! But just to mention that Paul’s clean sheet score has increased by 1 today. So congratulations to him and his candidate.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I’d be dead chuffed with a clean sheet. Will probably get something daft like one minor haha

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Clean sheet or not*, I was really pleased with the standard of training I got.

2 minors IICRC… :blush:

Clean sheet or not*, I was really pleased with the standard of training I got.

Very happy you were pleased with what you got from us. And, clearly, a pass is a pass and we’re delighted when anyone passes with any number of driving faults- especially a very low number. But the holy grail for any committed trainer is the clean sheet. Thus the celebrations when this is achieved.

On one hand it’s only a bit of fun. On the other hand, my trainers take it very seriously. And this helps maintain standards - so that’s got to be a good thing.

Nick clearly is the best trainer by far as was proved by my clean sheet with him.

Maybe you should have a yearly competition for the trainers to see who gets the most clean sheets Pete, with the winner getting an extra week’s paid holiday??

Nick the letter hasn’t arrived yet for bigging you up with the recompense we discussed lol

Well plunge taken and just booked my class 2 driving and test…

Let’s hope some of these instructors can work their magic with me

I’m not sure that the clean sheet issue is particular relevant in all honesty.

Firstly the trainee is the one who did all the work to get the clean sheet. Some will take to it better than others and pass easily, others won’t be so fortunate. Although the quality of the training is important there is more to it than that. Some will get a clean sheet/good pass even with a poor trainer. Some will fail or get many minors even with a great instructor.

Secondly if a trainer wants to take credit for a clean sheet then by definition they would have to accept the blame for a fail or a poor pass.

if a trainer wants to take credit for a clean sheet then by definition they would have to accept the blame for a fail or a poor pass.

There is an inquest for any fail. The computer generates a quarterly report of how many fails and on what topics for each instructor. This is then dealt with, if considered necessary, by our in-house trainer trainer.

So we do take it all very seriously - pass, clean sheet or fail.

Peter Smythe:
I’m not getting involved in this one haha! But just to mention that Paul’s clean sheet score has increased by 1 today. So congratulations to him and his candidate.

That was me ! Travelled up from Essex, everything was great did my CPC on Friday last week, driving test tues really pleased with the facility and all the guys there. So pleased booked to do class 1 with Paul first week in November…though I really don’t think I will get a clean sheet twice!

For anyone worried about the residential course, I treated like a mini holiday!

Best find some work now!

Thought of another possible vehicle registration … P577 LGV = (PSTT LGV)

Thought of another possible vehicle registration … P577 LGV = (PSTT LGV)

You need to get out more ROG!!

Think I’ll stick with the T** PST series that we’ve got.

Must admit I quite like SM11 THE but it’s not available.

Been looking around for a while now and I had a look around their training place early last week and it looked pretty decent. Everyone was super helpful in answering all my questions.

Thinking of going for it as it’s probs the best and most helpful place I’ve seen… but before I do I just wanted to get some thoughts one whether it’s a wise move to do class 2 and then class 1 straight after each other? Or is it better to get class 2 and then some work experience under my belt and the look at doing class 1 at a later date?? I guess it’s probably personal preference but just wanted to see what other people might have done before…

Cheers :slight_smile:

Thanks for the kind comments.

My take on whether to go straight on to CE or get experience first is this. If you go straight on you are still in “learning mode”. Another positive is that training fees rarely go down - so waiting for CE could increase the cost. A further point in favour of gaining CE is that you make yourself more employable more quickly.

On the other side of the coin, there is clearly a benefit to gaining experience. And, provided that you don’t come back loaded up with bad habits, this can be a good thing. The extra confidence can sometimes be a good thing; equally, too much confidence is counter - productive. Then there is the matter that the training fees might have increased in the ensuing months.

Having spent far too many years in the training industry, I’m also familiar with the scenario of folks deciding at the start that they will go straight on - or otherwise - and then changing their mind having completed the first course. So the discussion could be academic - albeit interesting.

Whatever you decide, a good trainer will fully support your decision.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Time for an offer. It wont run for long so don’t hang about. You can choose to take your training anytime this year or during 2018 (subject to availability of course). This offer only applies to CAT C.

You will receive:

1:1 training
New or very nearly new training vehicle
Fully qualified and registered instructor
Pre-booked driving test at our private test centre on site
Full use of driving test site facilities for your practice
Test fee
Vehicle for test
VAT
Insurance
Mod 4 training
Mod 4 test
Vehicle for Mod 4 test

If you live more than 70 miles from NG17 3FW, you will also get free accommodation for the duration of your course.

The Mod 4 will take place during the time you are with us for CAT C but wont affect your CAT C training time.

TOTAL cost £1260.

To take advantage of this offer, simply call 01623 555661. You will be asked for £200 deposit with the balance due 2 weeks prior to training. You can negotiate your course dates at the same time.

Offer applies to new bookings only.

Enjoy.

Just to let you know that you have till close of business Friday 20th October to take advantage of the offer above. Bear in mind that you only have to register and pay £200 deposit to secure this spectacular deal. You can then train anytime to suit you up to the end of 2018.

So you can get all these benefits even if you haven’t even had your medical yet!

You’ll kick yourself if you miss out.

Just want to say a massive thanks to everyone at Peter Smythe, I have today taken both CPC Mod 4 and Class 2 test, thankfully passing both, massive thanks to Tim who kept me relaxed throughout my whole experience and clearly has the patience of a saint

Right… time to start firing some applications off

Random Hero:
I have today taken both CPC Mod 4 and Class 2 test, thankfully passing both

:smiley: :smiley:

Just want to say a massive thanks to everyone at Peter Smythe, I have today taken both CPC Mod 4 and Class 2 test, thankfully passing both, massive thanks to Tim who kept me relaxed throughout my whole experience and clearly has the patience of a saint

Thanks for the comments and congratulations on the pass. We’re enjoying 100% pass rate this week so far; let’s hope it continues. And another clean sheet today (my candidate I hasten to add!!!).

Right… time to start firing some applications off

And all the best with that, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I would just like to recommend Peter Smythe Transport Training to anybody reading this thread.

I passed category C first time in July this year and went on to find employment direct with a company within 3 weeks of passing.

My instructor was Chris MC and i passed with a clean sheet.

I can’t fault or complain about a single aspect from when i first turned up and was greeted till when i had passed and was leaving.

I got the free accommodation course because i live more than 70 miles away ( double that distance ).

I am currently about to start saving up to return for my class 1.

Thanks Pete, and thanks Chris MC.

Due to fleet changes, I find we have a number of available courses starting during November. These can be CAT C or CAT D. Please note CE is not available in this offer. So this is the deal:

Full C or D driving course £1000
Accommodation not included but happy to help with it if required
Fully inclusive of:
VAT
Test Fee
Vehicle for test
Insurance

In other words, no extras. Add Mod 4 training and test for just £150.

Various start dates available. Fully structured courses, as always, leading to a pre-booked test at our private test centre on site. One vehicle/one trainer for the entire course and test.

Offer available to new customers only, is subject to availability and can be withdrawn without notice at any time.

Please call the office 01623 555661 for availability. Full payment required on booking. Non-refundable or transferable.

Good luck all, Pete :laughing: :laughing: