Latest new truck registration figures

Good news for Renault and Iveco…grim for almost everyone else!

truckingtopics.co.uk/uktrucksalesq114.html

And Renault gives grateful thanks to the British for buying the new T rig, as I have said before,rare as hen’s teeth in Western France which got me
wondering, have the French gone off Renault now it is part of Volvo and no longer a main French brand and Renault should be really worried, the main
dealers I pass in France DAF,Volvo,Mercedes all have lines of Renault Magnums on the forecourt for sale,no doubt trade ins for non French new vehicles.

Or is it that the French and Spanish markets, where Renault was strongest, are the ones that fell hardest in 2008, and have been slowest to recover?

Now here’s an interesting question…Renault weren’t going to bring the maxi-size Range T cab truck into the UK because Magnum sales here had been poor…so they argued there was no demand for its replacement.

But, what if the UK is now one of Renault Trucks’ strongest markets…how can they justify not having their ‘flagship’ model on sale?

And USED Magnums always sold well in the UK, indicating perhaps that the major shortcoming of the Magnum as a new truck was that it was too expensive.

Discuss!

Mr T will be arriving VERY soon,within12 months.i’ll e mail you a great pic of Mr T asp Gas Gas you can hang it in your shed.

Reading the post , they where expecting the slump with it being “euro6” but I wonder if it was as bad as they expected?
I was talking to a curries of Dumfries driver he said they had pre registered lots of trucks just to beat the euro 6 ,

Well the manufacturers and all the trade magazines were saying throughout last year that this would happen. There was no complaining when they were shoving the euro 5s out the door to meet the demand for the end of the year. Swings an Roonaboots. Eddie.

We’ll get the big T soon enough I’ve heard. Just need the Solo Star cab for the MP4 off the Jerry’s now.