Latest model Stralis night heater

Has anyone managed to figure out the sorcery behind the Stralis night heater because I’m out of patience :angry: ? On the old ones you just twiddled the main temp dial on the dashboard to the required level and hit the night heater rocker switch above it and you had continuous heat coming out at the temp you set. Simple as.

No such joy with the latest 64 plate models. The dash temp dial no longer has any effect on the night heater temp. The truck user manual doesn’t even mention it but tells you how you can use either the dash display to set it to come on at a specific time or you can use the console mounted on the back wall above the top bunk. I couldn’t get anything useful from the one on the back wall. The dash display control does work if you set it for a specific time and you can alter the temp there too but it’s overly complicated when you just want the turn on the night heater at a nice temp for an hour while you have a kip. What actually happens if you just hit the night heater rocker on the dash is that it comes on at medium strength for about 5 mins then winds down to near enough nothing for 15 mins before eventually stopping altogether*. This is incredibly annoying when you’d nicely dropped off to sleep 15 mins prior being all toasty and now you’re awake again from the chill circulating round the poorly insulated cab :angry: .

First world problem, I know, but someone must’ve figured it out!!

Turn temp up normal heater if using dash switch

Honked:
Turn temp up normal heater if using dash switch

Nope. Doesn’t do anything on the new models. Only worked on the old models.

Works on our 14 plate highway

Doesn’t work on any of ours so it’s not a fault with just one. Ours are HiWays too. As I say, normal dash temp dial worked fine for controlling night heater temp on the old models but our 64-plates it has no effect whatsoever. Night heater still comes on when knob is turned 80%+ but it only comes on at the temp it feels like, not the full ‘melt your arse’ red hotness that the old ones used to do. :frowning: