latest diary

monday morning i leave the yard for the 1 and a half hour drive down to pompey docks where i book on and board the brittany ferries to caen and find im sharing the boat with 8 coaches of screaming kids hmmm . get off and do a 4 down to the peage at nantes .
tuesday is just a straight drive and i end up on the a9 at perpignan .
i got woken up early by a wicked thunder storm that lasted for hours , a quick nip down to la jonquera to get some smokes and fuel and im off heading south , i pull into the docks at denia wed afternoon and wait for the ferry from ibiza which arrives without my cars , no probs they arriving on the evening boat im told which they do so a grua pulls them off for me and i get soaked loading a honda civic stolen recovered with no keys and the steering lock on over the cab , a 2 hour nightmare . i get up thurs morning and load the other one , an alpha romeo also recovered and also no keys but no steering lock , easy . after a call i get sent to valencia and evetually find the opel garage ona one way street in the centre, nice . im told to load a hummer , oh yeah … its got 3 wheels the front n/s one is in the boot . its got a homemade set of skates holding it up , you can buy them from us the garage says , how much , 500 euros , errr no thanks . ok you leave a deposit then bring them back next time , perfect how much deposit , 500 euros , DOH , after loads of measuring this thing just aint gonna fit on the truck so after 5 hours there the boss says pull out , we will get a low loader or something for it , head south so fighting my way out of the city i end up just south of murcia .
friday morning i whiz down to malaga and get told to park up we are trying to get 2 cars released , 3pm saturday i load them , a stolen ford focus got keys but not drives and a bmw snatchback which drives and yes i got soaked again so much for spanish sun , i head north and park up just outside cordoba till monday .
monday morning i go into the centre of cordoba to yet another one way street to find the vehicle is not there its in a compound outside cordoba so i get there and load a transit campervan that had a small accident , i drive it onto my trailer . and yes i get soaked again , after a call i head north and end up 90 km short of burgos.
i get a call , head for carcassonne and tuesday evenig i get to the garage and load a merc with gearbox problems , i run back onto the a61 and park .
wed is a full drive and i park at the peage on the a28 near alencon .
a couple of hours thursday morning and im in caen in time to catch the morning boat , back to the yard in time to have easter off .

A very nice read mate , any chance of some pictures please
and the hummer you can get put on a tilt saves a low loader,
should be cheaper as well,

which company is it that you work for :smiley: :smiley:

hi pete im still working on getting a digital camera as soon as i get one i will take some pics.
the company i work for is called norman marshall international.

A really good read. I too would love to see some photos, and digicams are pretty cheap on eBay and everywhere at the mo so I hope you can sort one…

Should be off to Barca myself week after this, will post some piccies if I do.