Last weeks winter storm

Heres a few from last weeks storm round Moose Jaw, a rather long & unpleasent day if I’m honest, I’m in orange & went to help Ross out after drifting snow had made his day a bad one. The picture of the one with the stepdeck is Me the next morning after the Trans Canada was closed at Portage.

Ross our stuck Scottish friend

There You go its all good fun :smiley:

Hi Fly sheet.What are those crappy tyres on there. :cry:

hutpik:
Hi Fly sheet.What are those crappy tyres on there. :cry:

Rubbish tires/tyres hutpik, My trucks got good ones on thankfully those on that truck well You can see those are past there sell by date…as where His chains too.

Nice pics John you should see if you can get the videos on.

kr79:
Nice pics John you should see if you can get the videos on.

I had’nt thought of that Kev, I’ll see if these pictures get any interest as it takes a while for Me to do them & the last things I posted got hardly any comments at all…Fly sheet thread stopper :smiley:

Hi Fly Sheet.Not having a dig,i was just disappointed how little progress has been made over the years.Ihad those sort of ‘‘winter’’ tyres in 1990 in Quebec but was still naive about ‘‘proper’’ winter tyres.It was only about 15yrs ago when i was running for whole winters up here from Holland and then moved up here that i discovered what actually was possible.It seems a shame that a country which is covered in snow for up to 6months of the year,and which is,for many things so well equipped to deal with the climate lags so far behind for some small,but important things.Take care.Mike

Well said Mike.

Too right Mike, mine was in the shop over xmas & a full set of rears where fitted to it, if I’m honest they are much better, I remember a Danish 142 I drove had those snow chains that dropped down & span off the drives, as it was on UK plates it had had the chains removed for test :frowning: I thought they where a fab idea to get You rolling.

Anyway only about 12 weeks of this to go untill spring :smiley:

tell you what looking at some of these photos makes me feel better about not moving there to cold /to much snow take my hat off to you guys…

Touch wood i been pretty lucky and missed all the storms so far. sometimes see you flatdeck guys going down the road and think lucky buggers pull up on site take straps off and few lifts job sorted, but seeing thos pics Coops ill stay on reefers open back doors back on bay job done lol

Nice pictures, you should be able to put videos on as well I think.
The Trolly Dollies miss all the fun lol.

Reefers ? Flat decks ? Box vans ?
I’ll stick to liquid tankers, pull up, hook up hose, connect hydro pack and sit in cab for 30 minutes, close up and go back empty :smiley:

bloody cold now ,with windchill -40c ,warning of frostbite after 5min …bloody dog wanting out for walkies! :stuck_out_tongue:

JIMBO47:
bloody cold now ,with windchill -40c ,warning of frostbite after 5min …bloody dog wanting out for walkies! :stuck_out_tongue:

Not the brightest of creatures the dog :unamused: Ours goes out to curl one off and then realises how cold it is, starts lifting its feet off the ground one at a time, realises that it has to have at least two on the ground or it will fall over, so then lays down and requires rescuing before it freezes to death :unamused:

newmercman:

JIMBO47:

Not the brightest of creatures the dog :unamused: Ours goes out to curl one off and then realises how cold it is, starts lifting its feet off the ground one at a time, realises that it has to have at least two on the ground or it will fall over, so then lays down and requires rescuing before it freezes to death :unamused:

I never knew a Dog that could hold it’s bladder like ours ? She will be indoors from about 6.00pm and not go out unless pushed, then following morning if we don’t force her out she will hold on till lunchtime. Dog does not like rain or the cold but if either myself or Sadie goes out with her she will frollic endlessly.