Laser eye surgery and driving HGV

I have recentley been talking about the pros + cons of having that new fangled eye correction done, knowing full well that there are pros and cons with it.
however something that hasnt been able to be understood is the implications that could involve driving HGVs (inc the HGV medical)
anyone have any information regarding the implications of having corrective sight surgery and driving HGV`v in general

*please discuss

well your licence will still say ‘01’ so if you get pulled and you’re not wearing glasses it’s a problem.

But if you go take a new medical and pass the eye test part without glasses then they should remove the ‘01’ restriction.

You might even just need to get a letter from your surgeon to the DVLA to get it taken off.

i had laser eye surgery over 2 years ago had a eye test from spec savers eye’s in march mine are still 6/6 excellant vision.
had the work done at optimax leeds.before laser treat ment my eyes where only -1.25 and -1.00 not that bad but not legal enough for the driving standard.

optimax.co.uk

i read this forum before i made my mind up lasik-eyes.co.uk/

dparr

david

:smiley: :smiley: No worries makes no difference to getting a licence, all the risks are very small, the main one that affects driving is that some people experience a problem with night vision following surgery.I had mine done three years ago and have had no problems at all. I drive at night and my night vision is perfect. The only side effect is being able to see the trout you pulled on a saturday night clearly the next morning :smiley: :smiley: