Large diesel laundering plant found in south Armagh

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-29904916

so they lost 12.5 million in revenue and want the public to help outlaw it while agreeing the public want cheaper fuel.

maybe reduce the taxes placed on fuel and this would eliminate the demand.

Hardly surprising that this activity goes on. I think they`ll struggle to get any real empathy from the public, with such lame statements about loss of revenue and “environmental hooliganism”. People are all-too-aware of the hypocrisy of HMRC and the oil and petrochemical giants to be outraged by this. If i could buy cheap fuel - i would.

Im sure i heard on the telly yesterday that Saudi crude was at its lowest market price since 2012, so i`m now eagerly awaiting the pump prices to tumble very soon. :unamused: :unamused:

Hypocracy from the government? Never! :smiley:

Just like tobacco… The government moan about it costing the nhs millions per year, banning it in public places etc etc yet are happy to take the tax from the sales! Whilst coming down harder on smugglers than rapists.

If they’re that bothered just ban it. Completely. Everywhere. But they won’t because it brings in too much tax :imp:

All very well. But the saving from buying laundered fuel will not pay for a new fuel system for you car when it is destroyed by the high acid content of laundered fuel. We may not like it but paying the fuel duty is the cheapest option.

half of the north has been running on it for years.( the other half runs happily enough on ribena). as in every aspect of anything,theres good and bad…you might not want to put it into your 1400 dci or brand new car,but anything normal runs quite happily in it.there is an argument that if you buy the equivalent of red diesel in the south.(green diesel) then you cant be done as it wasn’t bought in the north.ive never tested that theory but it has to be worth a good debate. :confused:

HMRC senior investigation officer Derek Dubery said: "This is going to cost £400 per tonne to clean up and there are 50 tonnes. That’s a lot of money that could be spent on more essential public services

Quite right Del, those Libyan army rapists aren’t going to pay to train themselves (no really the Libyan government have refused to pay the bill they owe for it).

They better get even busier as those Libyans are claiming asylum and they’ll need their benefits and I’m sure we’ll all agree paying those is essential. :unamused:

as far as im aware then the laundered diesel heads for asxa storage tanks to get lost in the normal stuff as its already laundered and looks white. most locals in my town seldom use that supermarket pump for diesel, (not the ones that buy it from the pumps anyway) not some of the staff. they don’t destroy it as its basically diesel,they only need to destroy the gunge and sloppy soaking cat litter waste.the fuel goes elsewhere. if you notice a lot of the places they find are in bandit country close to the border as the fues coming up from the south anyway

know a lad whose used red for as long as i can remember! at one stage he had a secondary tank with a hidden fillerneck , the original tank if it was ever dipped was regular diesel. Not sure what set-up he has now as not seen him recently.

Just on news the government are 'concerned ’ about falling crude prices so may consider increasing duty to compensate!

About right for them to screw the public paying voters yet again

best just blanking off the filler and leave a litre of white in the neck…use a remote filler for the rest of the tank( apparently).or depending if your running an old donkey,your getting a £500 fine for 1st time your caught and you keep the car/van etc.

That’s got to be a Movember 'tache that HMRC fella is sporting. I really can’t believe he goes round the rest of the year like that! :laughing: