Laptops/internet in ya truck?

Hope i’m not repeating a thread here but can anyone shed some light on the best way to get broadband into a cab without having to spend a fortune on mobile browsing charges?

Thanks

Oh and merry christmas to one and all :smiley:

How about this? threestore.three.co.uk/broadband/

the “3” Network do a broadband dongle for £10, £15 or £20 a month

The £20 a month is unlimited usage (Subject to a fair usage clause)

You wont get a better deal than that at the moment.

Vodafone do a similar one but much more expensive!

That is exactly what i meant! But u said it better!!!

cheers folks i’ll look into that :slight_smile:

I have tried “3” and t mobile, couldnt get the coverage went back to vodafone pay £25 a month unlimited coverage fantastic ,I use a 7 m usb the other is cheaper I have no coverage problems or service problems

willie_mac:
I have tried “3” and t mobile, couldnt get the coverage went back to vodafone pay £25 a month unlimited coverage fantastic ,I use a 7 m usb the other is cheaper I have no coverage problems or service problems

is that on top of your standard contract or is it part of your package?? I’m a vodafone contratc customer so wondering if i can get an add on for my contract

willie_mac:

I have used “3” endlessly and have always been able to connect. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Im on T Mobiles Web n Walk plus for £12.50 a month and my 3g phone acts as modem anyway to my laptop, works ok for me so far.

I have web and walk from T-Mobile, the £7.50 add on which I think is just for using or surfing via the phone, but I use it it with the laptop for checking emails and surfing. Not the fastest thing, but it works fine for me, never had any extra charges whatever I do with that, so that is using the laptop with my mobile as a modem.

As I am hoping not to stay in the UK much longer and we moved house I wanted to stay out of the whole daft landline then internet provider routine, so for home use I got a G3 usb modem which costs £15 a month and that works fine, certainly for mobile use.

I had a T Mobile dongle but do not use it abroad. it gets a tad expensive.

Someone on the radio yesterday had a 3k phone bill from her son using her mobile as a modem :open_mouth:

I wouldn’t use my T-Mobile or 3G aboard, I am mostly only in 2 other countries and have local mobile services when I am there. As far as I am aware most mobile phone providers has out of country add ons for a cheaper solution, but as I send 4 months somewhere else a year it makes more sense to have a local contract.

Linux-user:

willie_mac:

I have used “3” endlessly and have always been able to connect. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Me too.

bowserman:

Linux-user:

willie_mac:

Me too.

And me.

I have the T-Mobile dongle which I pay £20 a month for. Used it whilst at Heathrow airport before holiday and it worked fine. Will use it when doing business travelling. Liz

just got a 3 dongle will be using it from monday, paying £15 a month and £15 a month for 3 phone saving £13 now ive stopped using orange…

Kate:

bowserman:

Linux-user:

willie_mac:

Me too.

And me.

i have been using 3 since sept 07 always got a signal. wouldnt be without now.

using 3 its the dogs hairy things in a sack or should i say its tip top…

i do holland ,ireland ,and uk, i,d like to get a laptop and b/band and ive also been looking at skype on web, ill be starting from scratch, and being an older bloke im strugling were to start, ive been to local computer shop but its a bit gobbledegook to me, the wife and me have got orange contract phones , but im paying huge bills if we talk from holland or ireland, anybody got any suggestions other than dont ring her haha, many thanks

here we go best deal around and the broadband is fantastic…