Laptop or iPad

So as subject says, which is best for keeping you entertained when either parked up for night or on bay.
Is it the lap top or an iPad which do you recommend and why.
Cheers Ed.

I have a laptop at home and a samsung 10.5" android tablet.

One stays at home, one comes to work :slight_smile:

Tablet for me all day long, its got netflix, amazon prime, iplayer etc on it which i fill at home using wifi. I also use the hotspot on my phone to use the tablet to play games . I have a good pair of bluetooth headphones paired to the tablet so get great sound whilst watching films/boxsets.

Couldnt be arsed bringing my laptop to work, tablet is far more convenient.

This is for my 2-3 hour breaktime, not tramping…maybe if tramping the laptop would give a bit more versatility…

Depends what you want to do and if you’re tramping or not. If it’s just to browse net watch ■■■■ etc a large tablet is fine. Saves lugging a laptop around with you

Trucker Ed:
So as subject says, which is best for keeping you entertained when either parked up for night or on bay.
Is it the lap top or an iPad which do you recommend and why.
Cheers Ed.

I would go for a 15inch laptop, you can get a cheap TV tunner for when you have no WIFI, or a 10 inch Android

I personaly think Ipads are over priced but they are good quality.

Probably a generational thing, but I find a book is best for relaxing; it is easier on the eyes.

If your watching ■■■■ I would have thought an iPad would be easier to clean the manfat off the screen

Samsung tablet over ipad and laptop…
cheaper, and less hassel for netflix etc on android, ipad needs itunes etc for some stuff…
Can act as a satnav (copilot etc)
Can easily recharge using a powerbrick if needed.
Carry into a restroom and still use it
Additional kit for it is cheaper than ipad acsessories…

easier to hold one handed … :laughing:

I use my Garmin Dezl 1000 to watching anything while waiting to be tipped.

If I were to tramp I would more than likely get a laptop and game on it with simple but fun games.

When 5G becomes more widespread it would be good with modern multiplayer games.

A tablet is more convenient as it can fit in your bag easier, is less likely to get damaged and, if you get one with a data plan, then you can use the Internet wherever you are, unlike having to find bad WiFi connections or using your mobile as a hotspot (which eats your data really quickly!)
Just don’t get anything Apple as its all crap

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

iPad as for the reasons others have said :blush:

Tablet. Samsung Galaxy Tab S series tablets have great speakers and really good OLED screens but they’re not cheap. When you’re looking at tablets look at where the speakers are. You want one that has speakers on the top edge and bottom edge so that when you have it horizontal to watch films you get decent stereo sound and not just mono out of one side.

With both the Samsung S series tablets and the iPads you can get a keyboard case that will allow them to be used like a laptop.

Conor:
Tablet. Samsung Galaxy Tab S series tablets have great speakers and really good OLED screens but they’re not cheap. When you’re looking at tablets look at where the speakers are. You want one that has speakers on the top edge and bottom edge so that when you have it horizontal to watch films you get decent stereo sound and not just mono out of one side.

With both the Samsung S series tablets and the iPads you can get a keyboard case that will allow them to be used like a laptop.

Get a good decent pair of bluetooth headphones, far better than any inbuilt speakers :slight_smile: plus helps drown out the noise of a busy yard if you are parked up waiting.

Mine are Senheisser over ears, I like the Full ■■■■ ones, and keep your ears warm in winter, charge lasts ages to, I only charge mine once every 2 weeks and I use them a lot.

ScaniaUltimate:
Probably a generational thing, but I find a book is best for relaxing; it is easier on the eyes.

^^^^ +1 Best thing I find to get me off to sleep and a paperback or hardback too rather than Kindle works for me.

I am a gamer and I have a gaming laptop. Tablets are not powerful enough for top end games.

Thanks all.
Sorry I wasn’t clear really, I already have an iPad Pro but was wondering if a laptop would be better.
I’ll stick with this as does all I need.
Not interested in extra entertainment on it them years are far behind seen one seen them all, and I’ve always wondered did that plumber ever fix that leak he was called for and do they cuddle at the end.

AdamST205:
I use my Garmin Dezl 1000 to watching anything while waiting to be tipped.

How do you do this? I have the same Sat nav.

OP - a Tablet is far more convenient.

Laptops are only good if you need the Windows operating system for certain programs. Maybe if you game on it too.

A tablet with a Bluetooth keyboard (if needed) is far more useful.

I don’t like Apple products because of the bang for buck aspect. However I do have a Chromebook with a touchscreen 2 in 1 fold design. Got everything I need on it. Apps, touch screen, keyboard folds behind the screen, i5 processor, Google docs, music, YouTube etc. That would be my choice if I was tramping or sitting around for ages at work.

For entertainment only, get yourself a budget 10inch tablet. Hotspot the data off your phone (3 do an unlimited mins/text/data sim for £16 a month). Will get about £60 cashback too off topcashback. Works out to be roughly £11.50 a month. Download all the apps you want.