laptop leads?

anyone had a 12v lead made up or bought one off the shelf for a laptop in the cab or can point me in the right direction?

Are you wanting to take a direct feed from your cig lighter into your laptop?? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Bespoke cable providers can be found on 'tinternet by searching Google - I did it recently and was pleasantly suprised by how many there were and it wasn’t as expensive as I had expected.

Not sure about direct wiring the lappy though…

my mistake, the laptops 20v, at the mo i’ve got a power lead from mains with a in line dropper 240v to 20v. it just seemed an arse about way of doing it to use an inverter to go from 24v to 240 then back to 20 into the laptop but it seems thats the only way, unless someone can tell me different?

paul b:
my mistake, the laptops 20v, at the mo i’ve got a power lead from mains with a in line dropper 240v to 20v. it just seemed an arse about way of doing it to use an inverter to go from 24v to 240 then back to 20 into the laptop but it seems thats the only way, unless someone can tell me different?

You might be able to get one from the manufacturer of your laptop but it won’t be cheap, and I would think you’ll only be able to get them in 12V and not 24V. Using an inverter might seem like a messy way of doing it but at least having the inverter means you can use it for other stuff too, and if all the wires are starting to annoy you just mount the inverter permanently out of the way somewhere and wire it up to a mains socket on the dash then you can just plug stuff in as you please.

Paul

Hello Chaps,

you can buy 24v to 20v leads for the right money…

After a bit of searching I found …www.laptop-chargers.co.uk

They will do specific chargers and if they send the wrong one they replace it at their own cost !!!

They also sell them on e-bay a lot cheaper than the website.

Give em a ring , I’m going to.

Hope it helps
Martin :laughing:

fishy:
After a bit of searching I found …www.laptop-chargers.co.uk

Welcome to TruckNET fishy, and thanks for that link, they look like just what he’s after.

Paul

story of my life, i’ve just been and bought an inverter for fifty quid then another tenner for a cig plug and double plug adapter :unamused:
it’s a good site though, should i ever need another lead :cry:

A couple of weeks back our local Aldi had 12v to 240v inverters for about £15. I might buy one anyway if they’ve still got them - ideal for a lap-top I would think.

Actros has a switchable 12v supply so ideal!

Exelby S bound on the A19 have some for about 20 quid, I bought one the other day, it was all shrink wrapped up as per usual, I attacked it with a pair of scissors and cut the power lead :blush: So I’m back to the old inverter :blush: