Laptop in wagon

doing a night out at @ Lymm tonight.

using one of those “3” usb dongles to get on the net.

It’s the first time i’ve used it and must say it’s a great piece of kit.

The deal i’m on is £35 a month for 18 months with full internet - then the laptop (worth three hundred quid) is mine to keep. Not a bad deal I thought.

Do many others use this “3” dongle thingymabob?

I don’t but it sounds intersting. How much does it cost to access the internet? Is it pay per minute or just a set charge at the end of the month (like internet at home)? I ask as I would love to get a laptop with internet connection and some webcams that I can have in a truck and then have a website where people can view what I am doing at that moment in time (turned off before end of shift so people dont know where I am parked)

Cheers

Newblood

mr on vodaphone £15 3gb on 12month contract…

wouldnt be without it now

it’s £35 all in a month with internet included. Can’t remember the exact amount of permitted usage but it’s more than enough.

For example - i’ve just downloaded aol messenger (big download) very quickly - a similar speed to my broadband at home.

Seeing as you’re leicester way Newblood check out the big computer shop on Fosse Park!

that’s where I bought this

I’ve just got a 3 modem - tenner a month for 1GB - only had it since sat but seems good :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

think this one is 7gb

I use one on the “3” network. 1gb for £10 a month. Its plenty for what I want.

Also if you look around on this forum, you’ll find a few more threads where similar tools have been discussed.

Denis F:
I’ve just got a 3 modem - tenner a month for 1GB - only had it since sat but seems good :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

i have the same thing and if i want to download i wait till im home and put it on wireless thru my virgin broadband.
as said it work fine and i have used it from north to soth without failing to get online.im using it now parked up in the middle of nowhere.

on the three network you can get 7gb for £25 per month on pay as you go.
it should be well enough to keep you going for 30 days.

i’ve bought the 3 dongle on pay as you go had it over aweek now works great only put a tenner on when i got it, been on it every night for at least 3 hrs used it during the day while waiting to load, sent loads of e mails and posts on here and i have yet to use half of the 1GB oh also watched a video on the net for over an hour as well. plus used it all weekend at home as our phone line went down due to a broken cable in the village. so seems bloody good value. :laughing: :laughing: