Lanzarote Spain

Hi Guys,just found the drivers forum yesterday and loving reading all of the info,If any of you live in Spain and know of any Euro tramping work pls let me know,Ive been working in lanzarote for the last 7 yrs as a driver,Got both class 1 Hgv and Psv and i was working for Currie European when i lived in the UK and i speak fluent Spanish :sunglasses:

I don’t know of any company’s recruiting but I had a consignment picked up by a company from Lanzarote back end of last year. Company was C & K Haulage and is run by an Englishman. Chatting to the driver as you do and it turns out he lived 10 minutes from our yard!!

Might be worth giving them a call, they run nice kit and carry anything and everything, from foodstuffs to household removals. Very helpful and friendly
ckhaulage.com/

Thanks JDC

I know CK haulage and i spoke to his driver in Lanzarote docks who happens to come from Berwick upon Tweed he has been with CK for a long time and his outfit is lovely ,as for me im really wanting to go to the mainland (Malaga) as i know i can make more money than here in lanzarote and dont mind being away for a couple of months at a time,I was on the Scandinavian/ Russian run for Curries of Dumfries so used to being away.

Once again thanks very much for your information much appreciated :slight_smile:

brento:
Hi Guys,just found the drivers forum yesterday and loving reading all of the info,If any of you live in Spain and know of any Euro tramping work pls let me know,Ive been working in lanzarote for the last 7 yrs as a driver,Got both class 1 Hgv and Psv and i was working for Currie European when i lived in the UK and i speak fluent Spanish :sunglasses:

Hi brento, welcome to Truck net, ive been driving HGVs here in Tenerife for 5 years now also get over to Lanzarote sometimes was over there delivering at the end of december.

Hi Hodgy

Thanks for the nudge :slight_smile:

i was in Tenerife a couple of years ago in amarillio golf just outside Los Abregos helping set up Submarine safaris i was driving one of there coaches, very nice tackle,a guy called Geordie Frank is driving for them now

Next time your over in Lanza give me a shout 649263992

Cheers !!

brento:
Hi Hodgy

Thanks for the nudge :slight_smile:

i was in Tenerife a couple of years ago in amarillio golf just outside Los Abregos helping set up Submarine safaris i was driving one of there coaches, very nice tackle,a guy called Geordie Frank is driving for them now

Next time your over in Lanza give me a shout 649263992

Cheers !!

Will do i think im back over there in april but not 100% when, i often see that coach on the autopista sur.Im in Arico in Tenerife about 40 mins north of las Americas.
Tony.

Ok Tony

Will catch up with you next time your over :slight_smile:

you must be the luckiest trucker in the world working in what i consider the best island in europe!!! just a shame your a Forest fan!!! LOL. Whats the work situation like over there? any pointers!!

That sounds a good recommendation Merv,we are going tomorrow (Tenerife ) for a week on our first visit .

melv1golf:
you must be the luckiest trucker in the world working in what i consider the best island in europe!!! just a shame your a Forest fan!!! LOL. Whats the work situation like over there? any pointers!!

Yes mate its still in the mid 20s here nice for January ehh :wink:. :grimacing: :grimacing:

As for work here its still bad and they say Spain will be worse in 2011 so not much in the way of good news if your thinking of moving over soon.