language

is that spelt right connor ■■
why are so many drivers so foul mouthed it makes me cringe ■■
I was in a popular truck stop last week with my 8 year old daughter having tea , or dinner to you southerners , when the air was turned blue by 2 drivers who thought there opinions had to be heard by everbody in the county that i was really ashamed to be counted as one of these “professional” people .
I know this has been covered before but why do these scum insist on using such bad language in front of normal people ■■
while drivers insist on using this type of talk then we will never be treated as normal human beings let alone professional people as we should.
please think on when there are kids and women about and adjust your language accordingly .
have i left enough spelling mistakes for yoy connor you muppet

porkifer:
I was in a popular truck stop last week with my 8 year old daughter having tea , or dinner to you southerners , when the air was turned blue by 2 drivers who thought there opinions had to be heard by everbody in the county that i was really ashamed to be counted as one of these “professional” people .
I know this has been covered before but why do these scum insist on using such bad language in front of normal people ■■
while drivers insist on using this type of talk then we will never be treated as normal human beings let alone professional people as we should.
please think on when there are kids and women about and adjust your language accordingly .

LOL !! Porkifer has been on the booze early and poor Conors got it !!!
You’ll be telling us you heard men swearing in a pub soon !!! A popular truck stop might be no place to take an 8 year old girl? get a grip and grow up.
Allsorts of people swear never mind just truckers. And why didn’t you tell them at the time?

I was in Mcdonalds around teatime last year at Tot hill talking to another driver on the firm when another driver walks in and starts taliking to my mate who he knew
Virtually every word that came out of his mouth was F or C
now I like a good swear but not in Mcdonalds with loads of kids about and I had the ■■■■■■■■ to say something to him,cause people were looking over with a look of disgust,which im not surprised about.

there is a time and a place but unfortunately some people have no discression.

by the way Porkifer the sweary man was a container driver like myself,we’re a bit like tipper drivers only thicker. :unamused:
and like Mike C has pointed out (1)you were at a truckstop (2) you get drivers at truckstops (3)drivers swear lots (4) you should have known better

Take em to Starbucks or Cafe Ponse next time

I’m ambivalent about this. I’m taking my 9-y-o son away with me for the week next week, and it is a given that he will be exposed to swearing.

He seems to enjoy this, and sees it as a part of being a junior trucker, along with eating poor quality food and not washing.

Mike-C:

Somehow Mike, I doubt Conor will be on the phone to the Samaritans about it!

Harry Monk:

Mike-C:

He’s probably asleep

porkifer:

so…any 1 that swears (in a truckstop) are SCUM??
you muppet.

Harry Monk:
I’m ambivalent about this. .

I’m not ■■■■■■ arsed one way or the ■■■■■■ other !!!

bikemonkey:

Harry Monk:

Mike-C:

He’s probably asleep

LOL !!! :smiley:

Mike-C:

Harry Monk:
I’m ambivalent about this. .

I’m not [zb] arsed one way or the [zb] other !!!

eggsZBactly

I swear. For example if I hit my thumb with a hammer.

But I have never understood those who use swear words as punctuation, e.g.

I went up the ■■■■■■■ A1 and then I turned off on the ■■■■■■■ A.46. I went over the ■■■■■■■ roundabout and then got to the ■■■■■■■ factory. The ■■■■■■■ took three ■■■■■■■ hours to ■■■■■■■ tip me.

Whay do people talk like this?

Harry Monk:
I swear. For example if I hit my thumb with a hammer.

But I have never understood those who use swear words as punctuation, e.g.

I went up the [zb] A1 and then I turned off on the [zb] A.46. I went over the [zb] roundabout and then got to the [zb] factory. The [zb] took three [zb] hours to [zb] tip me.

■■■■ knows :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I know what you mean though that was what the bloke was doing in Mcdonalds.
It was chuffing embaressing there is no need for every other word to be ■■■■

lack of vocabulary if you ask me :wink:

Harry Monk:
He seems to enjoy this, and sees it as a part of being a junior trucker, along with eating poor quality food and not washing.

At last you have worked out the reason I took up truck driving as a career :stuck_out_tongue:

My dad had a pub and the drivers took me with them. They named me after a French drink

Noily Prat

Harry Monk:

Drunk i think you’ll find Harry !!!

Hang on, or they’re Geordies?

porkifer:

Top chap. Start as you mean to go on. :smiley: :smiley:

porkifer:

Yes thanks, not that I can see why you think I’d be bothered by it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Know what you mean though. Worst part is I’ve found myself ending up doing the same after years of exposure and have to consciously try not to.

porkifer:

Cheers :exclamation:

I went up the [zb] A1 and then I turned off on the [zb] A.46. I went over the [zb] roundabout and then got to the [zb] factory. The [zb] took three [zb] hours to [zb] tip me.

Like most other annoying things, it becomes a habit.

Personally, I developed a strong use of swearing during my time in the Navy, and it has stuck with me. I’m sure anyone who has served in our Armed Forces in most branches can concur with this. It’s just the way things are.

I will try my best to avoid the use of it in inappropriate places, but while your mind is focusing on other things, it can and will just blurt out. I am often getting glared at swearing infront of my partners daughter.

As far as parents go, its a better line in my opinion to let the child know that they will hear these words often, but that does not make it excuseable for them to repeat such words, or use them in speech.

In my view, when I apply myself, I have a very good use of the English language, but this doesnt stop me using swear words as punctuation without realising. Particularly now at work. Probably the worst for me, is at any sign of a problem, situation, change, the first two words are ‘■■■■■■ ell’ before I move to a question or solution for that problem. It’s hard to explain, I do it without thought, but im sure lots of others do it, probably without realising.

porkifer:
please think on when there are kids and women about and adjust your language

they’re often the worst :wink: :wink:

you not been to a primary school recently :question: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

“Heavens above that was a difficult place to get into”

“Good lord I must have taken a wrong turning”

“why you rotter you, you’ve cut me up!”

12 to 15 years ago, I used to take my wife and 3 -6 year old daughter with me on day runs in the truck. Whenever we went into a truckstop or a cafe that was frequented by male drivers, builders, factory workers etc, I could guarantee that within seconds, the swearing had either been curtailed or lowered to a whisper. As my memory is not always the best, I have just asked the boss (wife) and she confirms this. She said it seemed to be the “done thing” as an unwritten rule.
Have things changed in the last 10 years or so?