langdons

they are opening a depot in barnsley anyone got any info what there like to work for?,
,iv tried to apply but cant download to application form for some reason.
cheers,danny

yorkshire terrier:
they are opening a depot in barnsley anyone got any info what there like to work for?,
,iv tried to apply but cant download to application form for some reason.
cheers,danny

hi mate have a go at this link see if that works

langdons.co.uk/Application_Form.pdf

There was a thread about this before xmas, the applications are Sposed to have closed 31st nov. with interviews etc starting from end Dec, I got a letter from them dated 7th nov telling me that opperations wont be open until end Jan 2010.
I`ve also pointed a couple of agencies I work for in the direction of this site, in case

bump

Unexpectedly, I recived a call from Langdons today asking if Id be willing to attend an interview and driving assessment asap, luckily Im off taking my weekly 45hr break and was about 1 hour short of completing it, so a quick check I figured at 1pm I`d be ok to drive. So I drove up to M1 J37 dodworth to the old DBC/woodward foods depot where they where holding the interviews. Due to the weather they where having to use a shorter run for the assessment etc etc.

The jist of it is;
The work is local work, covering an area from east of the pennines, south to chesterfield, & north to newcastle. As part of the “chillnet” network. This work may involve >6+ drops of 1-4 pallets at each location. and possibly 1-3 collections, much the same as pallex network. driving rigid or Articulated trucks, unloading either on bays/docks, or via pump truck & tailift, the wages are the same whatever class truck you drive.
Due to the huge number of applications, they are able invite only people with NIL points on their licences and/ or fridge experience.
Wages are approx £447+ p/week (saleried) paid weekly.
holidays 20 days + B/hols

I was in there today myself

i ran out of redditch multi drop deliveries chilled and frozen …you have to get in back move pallets around but easy enough…units are usually renault premiums replaced every 3 years …rigids kept longer…guaranteed pay rise every first payday in jan with out fail…salaried but payed weekly never rarely worked more than 7 to 8 hours a day out of redditch…easy enough i only left cause i needed more money so went on to tramping with stobarts

Bump …
Has anyone who attended the interviews last week, heard anything back from Landon`s ?

nope not yet

but i have still got my fingers crossed lol

Got a letter just now :S opening

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :astonished: :astonished:

“Further to your recent interview, we are pleased to off you employment with the company as a driver at the barnsley depot starting monday 25 jan 2010”

YAY :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well done hope it all goes well.

peirre:
Wages are approx £447+ p/week (salaried) paid weekly.
holidays 20 days + B/hols

Wages are £467 per week on days, £517 per week on nights

indeed they are …

does that mean your in as well peirre ■■?

langdons are not a bad co. to work for i sub for Nagels in dover,who own Langdons and i speak to the guys there and they seem happy enough.

r slicker:
does that mean your in as well peirre ■■?

Yes … I have recieved THE letter.
Im however mulling over the offer and for various reasons, I havent decided whether accept atm