LANGDONS ??

Anyone know owt about Langdons ?
What is the pay like, Shifts & conditions at the company.

They have a RDC not far from East Lancs & I see their rigids & artics about a lot.

Daz

delivery and collections off foods frozen if i remember right … i applied redditch depot pay was around 21 grand for a rigid 310 take home a week if remeber right

I think they have just bought or been bought by Nagel

dennisw1:
I think they have just bought or been bought by Nagel

:unamused: are they German

part of nagel for years

stvme2519:
delivery and collections off foods frozen if i remember right … i applied redditch depot pay was around 21 grand for a rigid 310 take home a week if remeber right

I have an application form for them…iam in 2 minds weather to carry on working my 4 days at my perm job & doing agency driving in between or jump to Trucking full time.
I might wait till i get my C & E licence before applying for fulltime trucking jobs

when i had my interview they said they will put drivers through class 1 but they will deduct around 10 quid a week to get money back so more of a loan

stvme2519:
when i had my interview they said they will put drivers through class 1 but they will deduct around 10 quid a week to get money back so more of a loan

How long for?

stvme2519:

How long would they be taking the £10 off you for?

Daz

I think Shannon Transport Ltd (Limerick) are part of the same group too ■■

till amount paid off
to be fair you aint goiing to miss 10 quid a week so good deal

small world i had phone call on monday asking if i was still interested in job as they taking more wagons on was last year when i had my interview, any way i went down to them yesterday interview went well he said he would ring me on afternoon, got impresion i got the job just needed the confirmation,any way got call this morning offering me the job so well chuffed
as of mon 23rd ill be leaving the coop and starting at langdons
do like the job and people at coop but fed up working saturdays and constant 430 starts not much family time
they told me id have anything upto 8 drops and couple of collectons at moment i can be doing upto 18 drops and mostly handball
wage is 420 before tax so very small drop in pay but im just so glad not to be doing saturdays all time i can do saturday at langdons but that will be my choice and ill think ill have own wagon as coop you have different truck everyday and they in a right state

stvme2519…chuffed for ya mate.
I sent my application off to them on Monday…will have to wait & see if I hear owt…seen their artics on the M57 this morning while on my way to work around 06:30 this morning & i keep seen a little 7.5tonner they have as well.

hope all goes well with the new job

Daz

cheers daz hope you hear of them took me nearly b12 months to get job missus is well chuffed ill be home more as she reckons i get moody when im on constant 430 starts as i have to be up for 3 in morning so hopefully things will go well